Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wheelset… tubeless… go for the this wheelset ?
  • jeb

Hello !

https://www.actionsports.de/dt-swiss-240s-boost-disc-is-atmosphere-25-xl-comp-race-laufradsatz-650b-1580g-26799?c=727#fcfbcee25c3b56d01c4edb3025e886f6

Found this wheel set…

Bikesetup :

Pivot mach 6 frame (157mm travel)
    Lyrik ultimate fork (160 mm)

Riding style : technical trails, not gnarly, like speed with brains, don’t do crazy jumps, just fast flatter single track, i don’t really taco wheels

Oh … been out the tubeless game for 10 years … is the rims any good for that.. cons-pros ? -my old tyres was hobby nic, which i liked.

stevied
    Free Member

Rims are a bit narrow by today’s standards.

honourablegeorge

Never heard of the rims, but they are billed as XC race rims, so probably a bit on the flimsy side for a 160mm bike.

campfreddie
    Free Member

https://www.jejamescycles.com/dt-swiss-xm-1501-27-5-30mm-wheelset-oem-vpe3301.html

here you go… all you need. i have just bought a set too. perfect match for your bike and seriously cheap for 240s-derived hubs and a 30mm top-end rim… set up tubeless out of the box.

honourablegeorge

Wow. Canpfreddie has served you a serious bargain there, I’d be all over that

jeb

Hello campfreddie

it is hubs?……. but looks tempting!

Northwind

You’d be a nutter to go for the Actionsports wheels over those DT 1501s for that bike tbf. I really don’t like straightpulls which they seem to be but that’s not that big a downside

campfreddie
    Free Member

i also have a pair of older EX1501’s which came on my 2014 Radon Slide 160. That bike has been everywhere (Alps, Afan, muddy New Forest etc etc) and the wheels have never been serviced or trued, despite me being a talentless 100kgs lump of lard with all the delicacy of a drunken elephant. They are faultless so i expect these new Spline 30s to be just as good (haven’t yet had a chance to ride them, or indeed the Lynskey Bootleg ti ht’ that they are bolted to).

argee

Without doubt those 1501s are better, they also come with the 36t ratchet rather than the 18t one on the other wheels, the 1501 rims are 30mm and pretty robust, so you can stick 2.5s on with ease, the 25mm will struggle with anything above 2.3s.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wheelset… tubeless… go for the this wheelset ?’ is closed to new replies.