Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wheelbuilders – Any of you come across this
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Mavic straight pull spokes for Crossride wheels. They have a slight bend in the middle of the thread to lock the nipple on. I thought there was something wrong with them, apparently not!

I still think it’s odd!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just me then? 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

Nope, never, but I don’t touch those funny wheels 😉

Speshpaul

Odd – french = same thing

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just replaced 4 spokes. It works, this bend. It sort of locks the nipples in place. I quite like it actually. 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

In the section of spoke that’s threaded or in the actual thread form? Never come across it and having trouble picturing it.

FOG

Unfortunately the metal which holds the spokes to the hub isn’t always up to the job- a little piece of alloy on my hub just pinged into space leaving no way of attaching the spoke. Got some handbuilt Stans still in use 6 years later [The crossrides weren’t even a year old when junked]

unovolo
    Free Member

“off to look at some spare cross-ride spokes in the garage”

aracer
    Free Member

Personally I’ve never used Crossride spokes to build wheels, so no.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

In the section of spoke that’s threaded or in the actual thread form? Never come across it and having trouble picturing it.

Literally a bend in the spoke about halfway along the thread

Personally I’ve never used Crossride spokes to build wheels, so no.

I’m working on a Crossride. It needs work. Lots of work.

stats

….and to think I spent 5 minutes last night bending the thread almost straight. Whoops!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wheelbuilders – Any of you come across this’ is closed to new replies.