Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Wheel truing stands
  • cultsdave
    Free Member

Anyone know of a decent truing stand for under £80? Or are the cheap ones all crap? Got a £50 voucher for CRC for my birthday and quite fancy buying something useful that I normally wouldn’t buy.

It doesn’t have to be from CRC as I will use the voucher for something else if need be.

I currently use the DIY method of a zip tie to the frame so no need to explain those methods to me.

Cheers

Brother_Will
    Free Member

I have got one of these Jobsworth stands, very solid great value for money its a very obvious copy of a park model but without the price tag.

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TOJWWTS/jobsworth-wheel-truing-workshop-standard

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The Minoura one isn’t bad but it’s a bit wobbly and I reached the limits of what it could do rather quickly.
    I know it’s no good with your voucher but I got a used Park TS 2 off eBay and added the 2.2 jaw kit. But I do a fair amount of wheel truing and building so it was worth it.

qwerty
    Free Member

I have that ^ Jobsworth one, works a treat. I believe, but can’t prove, that the Park versions adapters also fit it. Bang on your budget too.

cultsdave
    Free Member

Cheers chaps,
    That Jobsworth one does look good. Shame its not on CRC for my voucher though.

scotroutes

The Minoura one is fine. It can be a bit fiddly getting it centred correctly but you can just flip the wheel over occasionally and/or use a dishing tool (my stand came with one).

bish

Does that jobsworth stand fit a 29″ wheel with the tyre still on?

eshershore
    Free Member

I’d take whatever cash you can garner from present givers and pony up the rest to get the park ts 2.2 stand its solid kit that will last a lifetime

kcal

There’s a Feedback / Ultimate one, which is ‘OK” – the adjustment knurls aren’t tight / spot on though.

£79.99 🙂

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/feedback-truing-station/rp-prod12977

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Yes bish the Jobsworth will fit a 29er with the tyre still on.

timba
    Free Member

Job for a rainy day, but build one…DIY…the one in the pic still needs its alignment tools making
    Then spend your voucher on something shiny

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

+1 for the wheelpro stand. It’s the second best one I’ve used. Assuming you have the tools (ideally you want a router and/or a pillar drill) it’s cheap to make. Far more solid than anything you can buy for less than £300.

The best one I’ve used was a huge cast iron one in Thomas’ cycles in Bury St Edmunds. Alas both shop and wheel stand are gone.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

There’s a newer version of that feedback one, with axle adapters and a disc alignment thingy.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/tools-maintenance/work-stands/feedback-pro-truing-station?cm_mmc=Google+PLA-_-Tools+and+Maintenance-_-Work+Stands-_-708764&_$ja=tsid:60494%7Ccgn:GoogleShopping%7Ckw:708764&istCompanyId=b8708c57-7a02-4cf6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istItemId=xqxmmqaxm&istBid=tzwt&_$$ja=cgid:16790764204|tsid:35522|cid:214996084|lid:50607322495|nw:g|crid:52119061324|rnd:15045612490010637866|dvc:t|adp:1o3|bku:1&gclid=CKiNs_yCzMACFRHHtAoduDgAig

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Wheel truing stands’ is closed to new replies.