Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wheel rim decals
  • scotroutes

I have just built some new wheels and they have grey decals on black rims. I’m pondering the notion of something a bit brighter.

Bike is an orange Occam. It has some lime green highlights.

What do we think? Orange, lime, keep the grey, something else, remove them altogether?

13thfloormonk

Following with interest – I’ve just rebuilt a wheel with a plain black Kinlin rim. It bores me.

Where are you looking to buy replacement decals?

Superficial
    Free Member

grey decals on black rims.

That sounds nice.

Orange

Ew

lime

No

It’s not 2013 any more.

rossburton
    Free Member

I’m with Superficial: whilst some time ago I’d have been all over co-ordinated rims, not so much now.

davros

Go nuts. I normally desticker rims but got orange ones for my blue and orange Occam and I like the look of it (2nd pic below). The frame colours are bold anyway. Full stealth on the hardtail though.

Sunny spring ride

scotroutes

Yeah, I’m genuinely in two minds about it. I see the photos from davros above and actually like they.

I’ll probably go to Slik if I decide I want some.

DezB
    Free Member

My new bumblebee coloured bike has had the rims de-stickered. Not sure if I like it or not. Whoever did it left most of the glue behind 🙄 I thought I’d just clean the glue off and leave them, but I did consider new yellow stickers for the forks, currently grey… Ebay is a great source of bike related decals.

rockandrollmark

Should’ve sprayed ’em white before you built them up…

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/show-me-your-bikes-with-white-rims/

If you want to add a splash of colour I’d be matching the highlights rather than main frame colour. Personally though, stealth or de-stickered all the way.

stevious

I’ve seen a couple of bikes I’ve liked with matchy rim decals. What they had in common was that they were small stickers – eg just the manufacturer logo and no model name. I think subconsciously I thought they looked like cool prototypes that a pro is keeping secret.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wheel rim decals’ is closed to new replies.