Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Wheel decals… what d'ya think? :-)
  • magoo37
    Free Member

Just got these back after getting a mate to redesign the decals on them, anyone got any feedback, £25 reasonable? Is happy to do more if anyone likes them.

IMAG0086 by llanarth17, on Flickr

IMAG0085 by llanarth17, on Flickr

IMAG0084 by llanarth17, on Flickr

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Wow.

wrecker
    Free Member

Would/could he do a custom frame decal?

ashfanman
    Free Member

I personally don’t really like rim decals, and still think they would look better without any at all, but those actually look pretty decent. A bit like Eastons, but less garish. Good effort.

magoo37
    Free Member

He’s a bit of an artist tbh, reckon he could create anything

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

If you could get your mate to design some sticker for fork lowers that match up with a the frame that would be brilliant. If he could then have them made out of a rub-resistant material that would be even better. Eg, if he could match this frame:

With these fork lowers:

We could be onto a winner.

magoo37
    Free Member

Just looked at the pics again (taken with my phone!) and you struggle to make out the quality of the lettering, particularly the red edging to each one … don’t want to get them muddy now!! 😯 😥

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

How are you getting on with my forks? 🙂

magoo37
    Free Member

Won’t speak to him till tomorrow .. he’s gigging tonight

Take it you’re looking for the main colour to be the same as the frame with the lettering in black/yellow?

sambob
    Free Member

Look awesome from a distance, I’m not too keen on the lettering, but I really like them as stripes.

swiftyx2
    Free Member

Looking good there pal.

Do you know what he uses for the decals?,eg are they going to last after a few rides and washes???.

He could be on to a winner if they are good quality. Does he do frame decals also??.

Steve

RestlessNative
    Free Member

I generally peel off wheel stickers not add more 😉

magoo37
    Free Member

He uses the same vinyl as he does for vehicle graphics so they should last! (Although he has promised to replace any that do) .. will keep you informed

Frame decals are the next thing I’m going to try .. any ideas?

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d like the white to be replaced with Silver and then some sort of graphic as it is now, but with green and black rather than red and black. I’m not overly fussed on the exact Bomber logo so long as it leaves the forks identifyable if that makes sense.

My setup isn’t a very good example though because I really need to re-spray the lowers silver rather than trying to cover as much white as possible with a sticker. If the forks were black, you could do some silver and green graphics really easily that would look amazing, but I think I’ll leave them alone until I have time to respray the lowers.

I was really suggesting your mate went down the fork avenue rather than the wheels as the design shape is easier, it’s easier for people to apply the stickers and I reckon the market is bigger. There are loads of people running forks with graphics that clash with their frames where the base colour is a good fit, eg Rebas on a blue 5-2pot etc. You can either re-colour the original graphics, or copy the frame graphics to the forks, or do something completely custom.

Cheers

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Wheel decals… what d'ya think? :-)’ is closed to new replies.