Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Wheel barrow. Solid or pneumatic tyre?
  • lotto
    Free Member

General gardening duties and moving logs around. What is the best tyre choice?

Yak

Pneumatic.

Think about the roll-over and bumpy ground with a heavy load.

ads678

Pneumatic.

gears_suck
    Free Member

Solid. If it’s for infrequent use be flat every time you come to use it otherwise.

iffoverload
    Free Member

foam

johnny5
    Free Member

i have both

much prefer the pneumatic one. much more comfy to push and goes over square edges easier – no punctures and haven’t had to pump it since buying it 2.5 years ago.

could fill the tube with latex i suppose if i wanted but have never bothered.

kormoran
    Free Member

I have five, 4 pneumatic, one solid. Solid is utter pants, noisy and unpleasant to use. They all live outdoors and on site. 1 puncture in 10 years

nickjb
    Free Member

Pneumatic. Much nicer over the bumps and small steps. Probably pump it up once a year, maybe every other. No big deal, just use the track pump.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

you can get Puncture free wheels that aren’t solid.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Don’t forget to set it up tubeless and ~4psi. 😉

garage-dweller

Pneumatic but you got that already. My wheelbarrow has just expired at a decade old and the wheel and tyre are fine. Had a couple of punctures along the way.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

FastYoungGit bought a cheap one with a solid tyre. Full of logs it’s constantly bumping over stuff that mine, which has a decent tyre, would glide over. I think it would do more damage to a lawn, also.

In case you needed more confirmation.

Northwind

We’ve got solid for home but tbh it mostly gets used on smoothish surfaces so it’s not that bad. If I was using it on the sort of surfaces we barrow over when trailbuilding, it’d be horrendous though.

timber

Mostly pneumatic here, full of logs they bump over stuff better.
    The lads working on the hill got a solid wheel barrow, we took the piss a lot, but amazingly it is still in use and they haven’t lost it.

mattyfez

As above, pneumatic bumps over obstacles better when there is some weight in it.

mattyfez

Awaits wheelbarrow pic with +tyres and boost hub.

footflaps

Pneumatic.

I pump mine up once every few years and it’s lasted 15 years so far, living outside. Was a decent trade barrow (when I bought it), now battered to f***.

Trimix
    Free Member

Isnt there a Wheelbarrow forum for this sort of question ?

redmex
    Free Member

I can’t believe its not butter, this site is full of mountain bikey folk would you ever contemplate a solid metal tyre bike or even a foam made tyre/wheel it doesny work
    It turns but its rubbish if there’s no air but i suppose no puncture to repair even thats easy to repair, the barry normally rusts before it ever punctures

gobuchul
    Free Member

Is this the worst post ever?

What tyres for a wheelbarrow? Seriously?

cookeaa

I’ve got a Solid wheeled one that was buiried at the bottom of the garden when we moved in…

I would heartily recommend a pneumatic tyre if you are likely to use it more than three times a year.

Of course it opens up a wide world of opportunity for more questions:
    Can I run tubeless for optimum ride/weigh saving on my wheel barrow?
    What Wheel barrow ‘Plus’ tyre?
    What pressure do you run in your wheel barrow tyres?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

What tyres for a wheelbarrow? Seriously?

IIRC, ask the tyre shop to fit a six-ply industrial. I believe they come with a two-ply.

redmex
    Free Member

As Duncan from dragons den would say i’m out
    Its like a Harry Enfield sketch with Brian and business partner Ken on dragons den

wombat

How have we go to post #24 and nobody has suggested a Hoverbarrow yet?

Alphabet

I have pneumatic and run them at way lower pressure than you 8)

mattyfez

Mine has a carbon rim. And lock on enduro grips.

Yak

Skinwall ftw 8)

(not really)

footflaps

And lock on enduro grips.

Mine perished many years ago, could use some lockons now…

legend
    Free Member

obvs

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Wheel barrow. Solid or pneumatic tyre?’ is closed to new replies.