Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Whee to buy single car mats? Or how to make
  • jimmy

I need a driver’s foot mat for my car and can only find sets of 4 which is bonkers. I’d almost pay the same just for one but refuse to be wasteful and buy the set to bib them. Any source for single mats or good ways to make?

Ta

kayak23

Breakers yards. Not sure there’s any left you can just rummage around though.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Why not just use all four mats?

They do a pretty good job of kerping the car floor tidy.

MoreCashThanDash

I ended up buying a cheap set of four off eBay based on recommendations on here. Now got three spares

z1ppy

If only the drivers is worn, why replace all 4?

I ended up buying a cheap set of four off eBay based on recommendations on here. Now got three spares

Where they any good (if so what where they) and can the rest be used to replace the drivers later? (Or just more trash to store in the garage?)

simondbarnes

I’m guessing the OP has worn out the drivers one as that is the one that gets used all of the time and just wants to replace that one.

maccruiskeen

Your search needs to be for ‘drivers car mat’ – that’ll find plenty of options for mats sold as singles rather than sets

IHN

As for making, you could buy a cheap door mat and cut it to size, using the old one as a template. Basic doormats are cheap as chips.

TheDTs
    Free Member

What car? Got a set of 17 plate Passat ones. We no longer have the car.

tall_martin

I bought the last mk1 Skoda Octavia vrs in Europe for the drivers side. This was about 10 years after they stopped making the car : )

When the dealerships open, I’m sure they would’ve delighted to sell anything!

It would have been much cheaper to buy a set of 4 basic ones from eBay.

peekay

Attach some carpet offcuts to your shoes.

Alternatively you could get a set of 2 (or 4) universal cut to size rubber mats. Just cut one of them to the size you need, then keep the rest for use in future cars when you inevitably wear through whatever comes with that.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Use the passengers one upside down.

househusband

Make your own? I bought some thick rubber sheet and used the original mat as a template, removed the original plastic locating grommets and glued them on after making holes. Carious patterns available.

welshfarmer

If you have a sewing machine then they are pretty easy to make yourself. Buy a running metre of carpet or some boot liner carpet, and some edging. Use old one as template to cut out a new one and sew the edging on. Simples.

eg.

https://www.carcarpets.co.uk/trim-products-18-c.asp

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Whee to buy single car mats? Or how to make’ is closed to new replies.