Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • What's your Supermarket trolley etiquette ?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

I’d like to observe how many spiders and flies etc crawl into your mouth when sleeping…

Probably less than while I am awake, to be honest.

johnhe

I would have no problem taking a pound from someone and giving them my trolley if I was on the way to get my pound back anyway. What on earth is the problem with doing that?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

You never see howard hughes pushing a shopping trolley, do you?

DezB
    Free Member

I found a Mickey Mouse one of these –

in Lidl’s car park. Had no idea what it was, but my 11 year old told me it was a trolley token! Use it in Morrisons and Lidls.

matt_bl
    Free Member

simmy – Member

I make a list of what I need and get out of there ASAP as I’ve an habit of dropping extra stuff in peoples trolleys and rearranging the herbs and spices into rude names.

This. Condoms and Tampons are the most obvious choices, but there is world of opportunity for adding inappropriate items to trolleys with absentee drivers.

edhornby

walk to morrisons pushing pram, load the bottom of the pram and walk back, handy to have a supermarket within a really short walk

maccruiskeen

Problem with online is some shop bod will just grab whatever is closest to hand and you end up with products close to the use by date or just not of the quality you’d choose yourself. That’s my experience of it, anyway.

Interestingly thats what lead to the success of supermarkets in the first place – it used to be the case that shop keepers would serve you – if you wanted half a dozen apples the greengrocer would choose the apples he gave you – you’d get some of the best and some of the not so good. It meant that he could control his stock, throw less food away and everybody got as fair a deal as possible. Shoppers hated that and when supermarkets first appeared it wasn’t price or choice or location that was the key to their success but shoppers being able to pick and choose what went in their basket.

Of course thats why supermarkets now have to throw so much food away – they can’t sell the last chicken/apple/bag of salad on the shelf because nobody wants to buy the food that everyone else has rejected, so they have to overstock to allow buyers to be picky.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘What's your Supermarket trolley etiquette ?’ is closed to new replies.