Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • What's your sport?
  • BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Swimming (very much so) – not suited to gymnastics (can’t sit down without falling over) or bowling

spawnofyorkshire

1. Rugby 7’s (have played that till injury)
    2. Hockey (Do play that regularly)
    3. Long distance cycling (yup, kind of)

actually not a representation of what i do / have done

MaryHinge
    Free Member

@ onzadog 991 here. Fractured metatarsal 5 weeks ago so the run might be an issue! Any chance of a piggy back?

stevie750

1. lawn bowls
    2. cycling (middle distance)
    3. athletics (middle distance)

jambalaya
    Free Member

The thing is clearly rubbish – it suggested Netball 😳

In fairness Hockey was second choice and that was the game I played longest/at the highest level in my (cough) sporting career

neilwheel
    Free Member

The wrong ones apparently……………..

peterfile
    Free Member

Hockey
    Squash
    Cycling (long distance)

hmmmmm. 😀

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Wrestling. I can’t imagine a sport less appealing but who am I to argue? so I’ve just been practicing my microphone technique ” if ya smeeeeeeeeeeeell what the Rock is cookin’!!”

Wrong wrestling?

Onzadog
    Free Member

@mary hinge. Pinched peroneal nearve for several weeks. Fancy doing the run as a 3-legged race?

edhornby

wrestling, judo, squash

hmmm… no – I think the ‘how agressive are you’ question is skewing the results because the idea that a 71 bloke would want to wrestle is a bit odd frankly

rusty90
    Free Member

Middle distance cycling
    Middle distance swimming
    Long distance swimming

Spot on for the first one, totally wrong for the second two. I loathe swimming and was hopeless at it when I tried triathlons.

AlexSimon

Squash
    Badminton
    Table Tennis

Which sounds about right to be honest.

You may be less suited to:

1. Shooting (used to do a fair bit of this)
    2. Weightlifting (really, I’m so disappointed)
    3. Athletics (long-distance) (phew)

stever
    Free Member

Well despite their best advice I did a fell race last night and didn’t disgrace myself – stitch that BBC! 😉

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Lawn bowls, shooting and netball – cos I’m old and fat!! 🙁

flap_jack
    Free Member

I got wrestling. Then Squash. Both of which I hate with a passion. I do hope no-one in the wider world is taking it at all seriously.

eltonerino
    Free Member

1) Triathlete – Goes against two of my principals. Don’t run unless you are being chased. And don’t swim, your not very good at it.
    2) Middle distance cycling
    3) Long distance cycling

Not a bad 2 and 3 though

wordnumb
    Free Member

Has anybody had Kabaddi suggested yet?

dannyh
    Free Member

Athletics throwing events (I used to play a decent standard of cricket and had a bit of a missile arm on me, so that makes sense). Netball (wtf). And wrestling(?)

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Table Tennis? Wrong. My septagenarian father destroys me at table tennis. Judo? Only if can do it with crocs ziptied to feet. Am sticking to swimming, they missed that one. Lawn bowls on the horizon tho, have had my eye on it for decades….just that the people who play it so often look somewhat uptight, yet in a relaxed fashion. Unnerving.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Judo (maybe)
    Wrestling (maybe)
    Table Tennis (used to at school)

So not that far out really.

bigblackshed

Trowing things, netball???????? & wrestling.

I played rugby to a reasonable standard, I’m a sprinter not any kind of long distance athlete, which is why I struggle running or riding any great distance. They missed swimming, but I do fancy judo or Brazilian Ju-Jitsu, but not sure if my back is capable TBH.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘What's your sport?’ is closed to new replies.