What's your response to someone who thinks it's funny to hit a cyclist?

Home Forum Chat Forum What's your response to someone who thinks it's funny to hit a cyclist?

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • What's your response to someone who thinks it's funny to hit a cyclist?
  • brooess

Guy I sit next to at work – we get on pretty well as it happens, although he thinks Nigel Farage talks sense 😯 so we’re not quite in the same place…

Either way, he told me the taxi he was in earlier clipped a cyclist because the driver couldn’t be bothered to wait whilst the cyclist made his way across a roundabout ‘but it’s ok, he only clipped him’ was tge response when I pointed out that should have led to a call to the Police…

I know he’s trying to wind me up but honestly, since when did endangering someone’s life become funny? 😯

andyrm

The response is to not respond.

By responding, you pigeonhole yourself further into that dangerous place as a “cyclist”.

We need to stop this bullsh*t thing of “the cycling community” and “cyclists”. It’s not a religion. It’s a means of transportation or a hobby. Acting like some kind of evangelists does not help.

torsoinalake

Go out and ‘clip’ his car with your bike.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Clip his face with your fist.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

If he’s just doing it to make you bite, ignore him.

If he is genuinely on the taxi drivers side, ask to move desks. Lifes too short to waste it with idiots.

Actually, ask him if it would have been ok to clip someone just because they were a woman, or gay, or disabled. If he then can’t see why he is being a dick I suggest summary dismissal for being a waste of a desk

Premier Icon ChrisHeath
    Subscriber

‘Clip’ him round the head with something big and heavy. Make sure you only ‘clip’ him, mind. Then it’ll be OK.

Pigface

Clip him round the ear?

Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

Don’t forget to roll around laughing after you have bludgeoned him to death clipped him round the ear.

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

Show him some of the results of clipping cyclists, see if he’s still laughing
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25918390
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/death-crash-accused-driver-clipped-cyclist-1-2876489
    http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/10988393.UPDATE__Ebbw_Vale_driver_who_caused_death_of_Markham_cyclist_is_jailed/?ref=mr

Acting like some kind of evangelists does not help

yeah pointing out how dangerous something is such a faux pas, co-workers can rip the piss out of silly shoes, how much you spend on bikes and grown men in lycra, having a laugh about potentially killing people is not banter…imo

warton

when he’s walking to get in his tax home clip him with your car, at 50 mph, just clip him though, as that’s OK. then get out the car and just slightly clip his face with your foot, 5 times.

Mr Woppit

and “cyclists”. It’s not a religion.

Damn. A gadfly asked me the other day if I was a christian. I said “No, I’m a cyclist”.

I suppose I should go back and explain, then…

badnewz

Sounds like your standard office windup merchant. No office is complete without one.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Seriously, I find “You’re a <insert insult of choice, usually 4 letters beginning with ‘C’> aren’t you?” works quite well.

Equally suitable for people you like or don’t like.

Premier Icon annebr
    Subscriber

My response would be to tell them they’re an idiot.

gogg

Is his name Colin Hunt??

gogg

Tell him his mum gives lousy head??

(Take it down to his level)

cheekyboy

Put dog shytt on his butties !

project

Just ignore the ignorant little toss pot,or even better ask reception to ring him and say the police are here looking for him, to give a statement about a cyclist being seriously injured by a drunk taxi driver.

Premier Icon seadog101
    Subscriber

Each time you walk past his desk, just clip it, or the back of his chair, with your hip….. See if that gets a laugh after a couple days.

gribble

There is some good sensible advice above, which you should follow (i.e. not letting him wind you up and ignoring him).

However, if he is a tool and you are immature (like me), then I would advocate such comedy classics as setting his stapler in a lump of jelly, as per a comedy episode of The Office. Even if he is not a tool, I would love to engage with such office high jinx if I could get away with it…

AdamW

Almost every day I get comments about “bloody cyclists coming out of junctions without looking” and “every cyclist runs red lights” and how they like to point their screen wash to one side to squirt cyclists.

It is a case of ‘obvious troll is obvious’. Best not respond, or if you do, I strongly recommend project’s idea of making him brick it. 😀

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

life is too short….just laugh at him, whilst telling him he is foolish.

jag61

It would seem to fit in with some research stats i heard today, 93% of motorists think that cyclists are too hard to see open your ‘kin eyes like the other 7% then FFS. But yes just clip his chair a few times and project +1

brooess

Isn’t it an offence to fail to report a collision if you’re in a car which is involved in one…?

If it is, I might ring the Police from my desk on Monday and tell them what he told me – when he’s sitting right alongside, and then pass the phone across and tell him the Police want a word…

Honestly, this kind of crap really has to have consequences…

life is too short.

certainly will be long as cars hitting cyclists is perceived as acceptable behaviour

Premier Icon cloudnine
    Subscriber

You need a sharp , cutting witty response that will cut him in half.
    What’s his hobbies, interests etc.. find his weakness.
    If he likes farage.. Keep banging on about how you love all foreigners and what positive contributions they make to the country.

ski

Tell him you shagged his Mrs, but not to worry as you only just clipped her sides 😉

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Find out the name of his cab firm, then randomly order pickups in the idiot’s name from your workplace at the wrong time, inconveniencing both the firm and the idiot. Hopefully they’ll blacklist him and he’ll have to buy a bike to get in.

Premier Icon unklehomered
    Subscriber

Tell them about that hilarious time you clipped a woman pushing a pushchair?

Boba Fatt

Some people are just dicks

Kevevs

do you have a stapler? just keep stapling him and saying “hahaha I didn’t seeyou” *staple* “hohoho, I didn’t see you AGAIN!” *staple* *staple* “soz mate, you were right in the way of my stapler LOLZ!” *staple*… “did you know how intimidating it can be for a cyclist huh??” *staple* *staple* *staple*…”hey come back! there’s nothing to fear!…put this Hi-vis on so I can see you…” *chase with stapler*

Premier Icon coolhandluke
    Subscriber

I think laying a log in the top draw of his desk is now perfectly acceptable. If that’s a bit difficult (open plan office for example), then rimming his mouse is ok too.

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

Reccommend him my plumber.

FunkyDunc

Sounds like he knows how to wind you. Just like Jeremy Clarkson does alot of people on here

JCL

Do a poo in his desk drawer.

jools182

andyrm – Member 
    The response is to not respond.

By responding, you pigeonhole yourself further into that dangerous place as a “cyclist”.

We need to stop this bullsh*t thing of “the cycling community” and “cyclists”. It’s not a religion. It’s a means of transportation or a hobby. Acting like some kind of evangelists does not help.

This +1

I have policy on these things. If someone wants to act likeca **** I treat them like a ****. In a professional setting I might just say you’re an idiot and then not talk to them again unless I have to. Life can be syressful enough without getting involved with ****.

kcr

My manager started a “why do some cyclists…” conversation the other day after some thing that happened on the way to work. I just asked what it had to do with me and said I didn’t represent all cyclists. I also pointed out that motorists killed 5 people that day (and every other day) but I didn’t think that my manager was responsible for that.
    I have decided that you have to confront this stuff head on with facts now, instead of tolerating it.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘What's your response to someone who thinks it's funny to hit a cyclist?’ is closed to new replies.