Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 99 total)
  • What's your perch ?
  • fenred
    Free Member

Ragley cheeky for me…would like something harder wearing and possibly better quality/more exp but it suits my derrière so it’ll remain my perch of choice 8)

takisawa2

Ti Spoon. Bought a second recently, to stash away in case they stop doing them.
    Tried a Ti Knife, not for me. Must get round to selling it.

tazzymtb

gobi, Ifly carbon and a carbon sellesanmarco jobbo. I can’t ride squidgy saddles

ferrit32
    Free Member

Cromo Spoon on my trail centre warriors Five

Ti Brooks Swallows on my niche whore Surly Pug and Big Dummy

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Think I’m the only person in the world who actually likes ifly saddles. I do have a bony ass though. Biffers probs best not apply, you might lose it!

Edit: or not, someone just up there does too.

fathomer

Got spoons on the MTB and Roadie, really like them. Going to try a knife when I kill either.

takisawa2 – give me a shout if you do get shot.

tazzymtb

I do have a bony ass though. Biffers probs best not apply, you might lose it

yep and I have a perineum like saddle leather from years of xc abuse

aa
    Free Member

turbo’s on 2 bikes

brooks swift on the other.

all great saddles

mrbump
    Free Member

gusset r series. you can pick one up for under £20, they are fairly light and very comfortable.

colournoise

slainte 🙂 rob

davewalsh
    Free Member

I had a bel-air for 3 years and it was great. Stupidly left it behind on a car park last summer so took the oppertunity to ‘upgrade’ to a Gobi. No matter what I did with the positioning I could never get comfortable on it, It always felt to me like the saddle dipped too much in the middle and the nose and tail were too high, so I sold it and bought another bel-air.

I’ve also got a cheep Bontrager jobbie that I got second hand for a tenner on my second bike. It’s ok but not as comfy as the bel-air.

porter_jamie

Bell air on both. Bought a gobi because it always won all the tests both it was just painful. SDG all the way for me.

druidh
    Free Member

Gusset R Series = Spoon = Madison Flux.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Gusset R Series in tartan for the win.

cp

Hate spoons.

Bum is in love with fizik tundra 2

mattsccm
    Free Member

Spoon on Kaffenbach road bike, Madison Flux on CX, original Specialized on Tricross single, Genesis IO had an old Spec recovered with leather, Spec Enduro has Turbo recovered, something nameless on turbo bike

mboy
    Free Member

Reckon over the years I’ve tried most shapes going, and my arse must’ve changed shape several times.

Last few years I’ve been mainly on Bel Air Ti’s, with a brief unsuccessful flirtation with Charge Spoons (too wide where they want to be narrow, and too narrow where they want to be wide for me) in the middle. Was until recently convinced that the Bel Air was as good as it got…

Until I found the Specialized Romin/Phenom range!

Ok, they won’t suit everyone, but I can say to everyone you should at least try Specialized saddles out. No longer do I ever worry about saddle soreness being a concern on a ride!

mattbee

Flite reissue. I love the classic Flite; it seems to be the only saddle I can ride for more than an hour without getting sore, with the exception of a Fizik cow hide one I used for a while.

duir
    Free Member

Trying an SDG Aliso Ti at the moment, replaced an SDG Belair. First impressions after 9 days straight of mtb in the Grampians/Caringorms is that it is tough and very comfortable. As per all SDGs it will get tatty sides after a while but otherwise is excellent. Was on offer at CRC so cheap too.

Used a Gobi XM once, one rail snapped, got a replacement, another rail snapped. Apart from it’s rail snapping on both models and Gobi’s reluctance to admit the product was defective it was utterly horrendous for me on any ride that lasted longer than 60 seconds.

Taff
    Free Member

Specialized Phenom and Avatar, Charge Spoon

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Gobi felt like I was sitting on an axe. It ruined me. Bel Air was comfy, but a bit too squidgy. I’ve been on a Ti Knife for 18 months, but would like something a touch wider I think.

I actually really like the Spec Rival 143 on my wife’s Allez (mens) – seems really comfy, but it’s the weight of a small car 🙁

Tempted to try a WTB next.

kimbers

just upgraded from a sdg st bel air ibeam- which was great up to about 2hrs of ridin then started to ache
    now on a sdg formula fx which is excellent, think i may prefer it to my old railed belair!

HermanShake
    Free Member

Bel Air (my 2nd one) on the bouncer, Gobi on the rigid. Thinking about swapping around.

I’ve got one of them there Cionlli (not Cinelli) eco saddles on the road/commuter bike. S’ok, a lot like the selle Italia XO cutout saddle I had.

It took ages to get the Gobi angled right, but once it is and your used to sitting in it (not on) it’s great. Probably no good for those of a biffing nature.

mboy
    Free Member

I actually really like the Spec Rival 143 on my wife’s Allez (mens) – seems really comfy, but it’s the weight of a small car

Try a Phenom or Romin instead. Same basic shape, less padding, just as comfy and plenty light enough even in the basic cromo railed version (certainly lighter than a Ti railed Bel Air or a cromo railed Charge Spoon).

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Used to run a sdg bel air and thought they were ace , then stupidly decided to try a bel air i beam ……Oh dear ! Bloody rock hard
    Plumped for a cro mo spoon and love it , super comfy 8)

ojom
    Free Member

Sq lab 611, gusset r series, cb iodine.
    Oh and a B17.
    All lovely but CB wins by a mile.

bigblackshed

Ti Spoons on everything.

honourablegeorge

Fizik Gobis on full suss and hardtail, nukeproof somethign on DH bike, spoon on commuter.

Haze

Knife, Spoon and an Arione on the road bike

martinxyz
    Free Member

gobi xm is a saddle that I can ride but I seem to take a week to get back into it. Its now got to the point where I look forward to using the bike with the dropper post but at the same time I dread coming off the sdg fx I beam to go back to thed gobi.

I liked bel airs when I had them but the narrowness,shape,flex and slippiness?! of the fx is spot on. I would have never guessed 13.5 stone would have got on fine with anything less padded than the bel air but this saddle proves shape (and possibly flex) is a big factor.

Monkey-Boy
    Free Member

Has anybody tried the SDG Fly saddle? I’m thinking that it would be a good way to save some weight. I really like the Bel-air so has anybody got a direct comparison?

Cheers.

the_lecht_rocks

i once rode the fly on a friends ride – like a knife compared to my bel-air. nasty.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Get a Selle SLR 135 if you want to save some weight. Nice and comfy and usualy come up fairly cheap 2nd hand.

atlaz
    Free Member

Fizik Gobi XM on the trail bike, Charge Spoon on the hardtail, generic thing on the pub hack, Fuji own brand on the road bike

Reluctant
    Free Member

Two Spoons, one Knife and some Bontrager thing which is a similar shape. No complaints; I also get on with Flites, Bel Airs, Ritchey Vector shaped things, SLRs – loads are ok. Only Fizik Gobis are in Room 101! 😆

smell_it
    Free Member

San Marco Aspide on the road bikes, spec romin on the mtb.

kimbers

I’ve ridden lots of belairs. railed and ibeam
    I’ve got an I fly on my dh bike and the padding is almost non existant

I wouldn’t recommend it for general riding unlrss you have a small rock hard bum !

eyerideit
    Free Member

I’ve got an ifly on my alu ht xc, had it for years and don’t find it uncomfortable. The new ones have a bit more flex so should be even more like sitting on a cloud.

Also have a spesh toupe which is very comfy on the road bike.

fandango
    Free Member

Romin on the road, a ti Devo on the SS and a ti Silverado on my Epic. All comfy…

z1ppy

2x Gobi’s here, need a 3rd if any of the haters above wanna get rid of theirs 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘What's your perch ?’ is closed to new replies.