• This topic has 16 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by kilo.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Whats your list of two wheeled to-dos?
  • bobbyspangles

The pains of having multiple bikes.

Fit new saddle.
    Strip down reverb and fit new Ifp seal
    Fit new brand x dropper-waiting for ztto lever to fit too.
    Chain, cassette and index
    Spoke and tru
    Refurbish a Raleigh chopper
    Build up a MK1 burner
    Service the wife’s, sort out the rattle from her mudguards
    Fresh tyres on 2 bikes
    Rear shock service on 2

And don’t even get me started on the list of jobs for my motorbikes!

What jobs are in your to do tray?

jimdubleyou

Need to put some oil on the Brompton chain.

Just took my arkose out for a spin in the rain, so that will need a clean. There was also a weird scraping noise coming from somewhere. Not sure if it just needs the brakes adjusting or something worse.

FS rear brake needs adjusting – seems to not be retracting properly. Might be over filled or something.

Hard tail has just had a bb off and cleaned, so that actually doesn’t need any work. Know which bike is getting ridden next :).

My dads old Claud Butler Majestic is getting donated to the bike project, but it needs some air in the tyres before I can ride it down there.

tomhoward

Finish invisiframing a bike, as LBS didn’t quite manage it 🙄
    Grease BB shells, because I forgot when fitting it.
    Set up rear suspension
    Take pictures of it for showing off insurance

ta11pau1

I need to, erm… lube my chain?

Did an air can service on my DPX2 the other night, took an hour or so.
    New front tyre (changed out of preference, not due to wear) when I can find one in stock.

reluctantjumper

Just spent an evening spannering on the Rocket ready for a day out tomorrow. It has just hung up after a day on the uplift at Cwmcarn just before the lockdown so was still in its winter setup. Despite it getting a good clean and relube before being put away it had a seized mech clutch, a lazy piston on the front brake (will send it to Hope for a service as the positions look worn and scored), a new BB as I’d robbed the old one for the hardtail and the sealant had dried out in both tyres. All up and running again now. Oh and it needed to be dusted off, had a pretty decent layer on it after 3 months!
    The Trek Fuel EX has just had it’s suspension serviced and a fresh drivetrain but needs to be rebuilt. The bad news is the shock’s air shaft is showing signs of wear and it’s no longer available as a spare part, thanks Trek with your DRCV, so that bike is now due for replacement as it’s 5 years old.
    The Hoodoo hardtail has been getting hammered during lockdown but only needs a new rear tyre and the headset being cleaned as it’s a bit graunchy.
    The commuter bike is stuck on the turbo so the front tyre is flat, the chainset has a much larger chainring than normal and the rear mudguard is taken off.

Not too bad considering.

honourablegeorge

Have a Geometron frsme, need to do the bearings and sell it. Sell my Roadrat. Sell my Last FF, fit new brakes to one bike, sell the old ones, upgrade levers on another one. Would like a new saddle for one bike, have a new air spring to fit to my Lyriks, need a gear cable, fix a flat tyre on a kids bike, have am SS that needs to go geared…..might just go for a pedal

sirromj

commute (not used for months) – wash, putoline chain, put the seatpost back on

hardtail – find that creaking noise – pedal? bb? rear axle? – service e13 trs+ dropper +(probably require ordering parts bahhh) – remove fixed seatpost + put on commuter + putoline chain…. forks probably long past due service actually, fix slow punc in rear tubeless tyre (or just pump up again!)

trials – wait for and fit new bb, chain and rear sprocket, mayaswell putoline chain too, add a few psi to rear tyre

fs – something – either getting running as best it could or strip for spare parts

tjagain

I am a compulsive tinkerer. As a result none of my bikes need anything doing to them at the moment. The tandem will need new chains before the year is out. Oil change in the forks and rohloff needs doing before march 2021

qwerty
    Free Member

Swap out my CX bikes cable discs for GRX that’s winging it’s way to me.

colournoise

Finish (finally) building the RocketMAX. Actually have a deadline now as hopefully got a week in the Lakes in August.

Convert the ‘road’ bike to a frankenbike flat bar setup. So, rework brakes, new shifter and mech, etc.

New bearings in the old Rocket, then decide whether to try and sell as a full bike, rolling chassis, or frame only and strip down/build up as appropriate.

Thankfully the Transmitter just seems to keep rolling with minimal work…

paule
    Free Member

Drop bar bike and mountain bike both need a rear tubeless setup.
    Dropper post needs a clean and some grease.
    Creaky BB/chainset/something round there needs sorting
    Gear cable needs oiling or replacing.
    Dropper cable is frayed so needs replacing.
    Need to scrounge/buy/bodge a campag square taper BB tool to sort my dad’s old Ribble road bike so it can live on his turbo trainer.

Sounds like a busy morning!

beej

Try and get the rear wheel on my TCX to work tubeless. Front has been done, needed an extra layer of tubeless tape over the factory tape. Tyres are very loose so it just wouldn’t seal.

Apart from that… nothing!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Clean chainrings
    Fit 11-34 cassette to Hunt wheel
    New chain
    Fit 25mm GP5000 to Hunt wheel
    Swap 5800 gs mech for r7000 one
    New bar tape

And ponder how to solve my sheared crank commuting fatbike.

elwoodblues
    Free Member

Well, I have a brand new deep fat fryer and a unopened tin of Putoline here on my workbench… I’ve been putting off giving it a go, because I need to clean all the caked on old Finish Line goo off the cassette and derailleur. Waiting for postie to deliver a new can of Citrus Degreaser at the moment.

Apart from that,
    I need to fix a flat on the cargo bike. Needs to be done tonight, the missus needs it by tomorrow morning.

Fit new grips on the 5 year old daughters Spesh hotrock. I am dreading this, ’cause she wanted pink grips, but they were sold out so I had to get white ones again. She rides about 4 miles round trip to kindergarten every day, and she is very particular about her bike preferences.

And if I get bored, I have finally bought a proper brake cable to replace the gear cable I bodged on to the back brake of the CAADX commuter about six months ago.

My hand is hovering over the buy button om starbike, have decided that I want to build a nice 29’er wheelset to replace the 27+ wheels on my Tallboy.

reeksy

Spent a fair bit of the weekend chasing ball bearings around the shed to stop the six-speed hub from wobbling on my son’s Trek MT220 so i’m left with things to consider…

Do I fit the xtrail on the front of the Highball, or the back of the S-Max? Or keep it as a spare for the upcoming trip?
    Do I order a new chainring for the Highball … last chain at 75% after only 1000km.
    Do i persevere with the KS Supernatural or get a new dropper for the Highball?

Or do I just ignore it all?

trumpton
    Free Member

I keep getting a front flat on my 90s retro marin. Checked for sharp edges on the rim checked the tyre cannot find anything wrong.time to hold the inner tube up to the wheel and check.been putting it off for s while.

kilo

Cycle across London to fix the puncture on Mrs Kilo’s commuter bike apparently.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Whats your list of two wheeled to-dos?’ is closed to new replies.