Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • What's Your Favourite Thing About STW?
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

… as opposed to other bike forum. forums. fori. (?)

For me, it’s because there are very few, if any, threads drivelling on and on about:

1. RLJers (mostly the self-righteous justification of)

2. Riding with headphones (ditto)

3. Pointless ‘almost knocked off my bike’ commuting tales.

4. Not wearing a helmet will kill you to death. Or not.

5. You’re disrespecting the whole world and everything in it if you wear a certain cycle top if you haven’t ‘earnt’ it 🙄

kayak23

The extreme views…

camo16
    Free Member

The smiley back-slappin’ / outraged lunacy combo and these: 😆 😥 😡 😯 8) :mrgreen:

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I really like that STW forum has such a broad spectrum of the UK population on it so that when subjects are discussed you get balanced views that are not bigoted, or in any way wrong.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

The smell.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

errrm, . . ummmm, . . .

no sorry!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I like the big hitters, they’re like celebrities to me.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

i like all the unopinionated views on different tyres

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

There’s one poster who above all others makes me come back, again and again.

I don’t want to make them big headed though.

wwaswas

There’s one poster who above all others makes me come back, again and again.

It’s you, isn’t it?

camo16
    Free Member

People who post intriguing comments but deliberately leave out the punchline. 🙄

fasthaggis

The great minds .

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

All the same things I like about crack cocaine.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I really like that STW forum has such a broad spectrum of the UK population on it so that when subjects are discussed you get balanced views that are not bigoted, or in any way wrong.

😆

Yeah, wot he sed! ^ 😀

derek_starship
    Free Member

Top banter and good advice. It’s like being in the tap room with me mates!

lunge

That you can ask a question on seemingly any subject and get a good answer on it.

I’ve got good advice on engagement rings, TV’s and anti-virus software to name 3. Oh and bikes, bikes as well.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

For me its the sharing of routes that I really like. Several times I have gone to otehr parts of the country and met up with folk who have showed me the best of their local riding adn I have also been given routes in places as well

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

The bargains to be had in the For Sale section

portlyone

What’s STW?

shmoo
    Free Member

The total absence of sarcasm!

binners

I like meeting up with people, who always turn out to be sound blokes. Always blokes. Always white. Always christian. Obviously 😉

Met some new folk out for a ride last Sunday and had a right giggle.

And I like getting blamed for everything. Makes me feel, well…. ‘special’ 😀

barn
    Free Member

It’s where I go to get:
    a) laughs (the ‘grass needs cutting’ gag still always gets me)
    b) answers (no matter how niche – spoke tension on jockey wheel of 1940’s bi-plane anyone?)
    c) decent kit (have yet to be sent any shonky gear).

derek_starship
    Free Member

Binners – you are “special” or as Gervais would say – you’re a mong.

*titters*

derek_starship
    Free Member

+1 for the garden / kitchen comments. The one about fence post tops missing some time last week made me wee a bit.

emsz
    Free Member

I love it because it’s full of clever funny opinionated people of all sorts, every day it makes me laugh, and learn something. It’s like sitting on a lovely comfy sofa with all your mates and just laughing and taking the piss, lush

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Picolax

wwaswas

The one about fence post tops missing some time last week made me wee a bit.

As the recipient of that comment I must confess I still haven’t rectified the situation.

The shame is still making my face burn, though.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I like it cos sometimes you get threads where someone has pallet-wrapped Hora’s car, thus creating happiness and joy for the World and it’s people. 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

Bum humour.

Pigface
    Free Member

Makes me realise that my problems are really quite insignificant compared to some 😉

nacho
    Free Member

It’s the funniest, best laid out forum there is. Populated by lots of people who think they know everything but know nothing, some who seem to know almost everything and some who make out they know nothing but actually know a lot! The debates make me laugh, squirm, spit tea over my keyboard and sometimes get angry. And it is the online encyclopedia of all things bike related. Genius and constant entertainment.

sas
    Free Member

The in depth discussion on matters of great importance, like crown races. And planes on conveyor belts.

yunki
    Free Member

Tony Slattery

Irish_AL
    Free Member

we, the collective are all experts, we are always right and everyone else is wrong. that and threads like PICOLAX :mrgreen:

donsimon
    Free Member

Actually nothing, I think it’s a load of crap. 😈

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It’s insight like that, that keeps you in the Top 30 reasons to come here.

chakaping
    Free Member

The humour, and the way there’s always someone who (genuinely) knows better than you.

As well as another 10 people who just think they do.

camo16
    Free Member

the Top 30 reasons to come here.

The other 29 reasons are all about antelopes hitting cyclists in slow-motion. I’m right aren’t I? 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m right aren’t I?

You think you are and that’s what’s important.

kayak23

I love the way that instead of getting to the bottom of a long page of text and simply hitting a button to be taken back to the forum section you were in, you have to either scroll all the way back up, or hit ‘back to the top’ (which isn’t in portrait mobile view) and then the right sub-section…..
    Just sayin… 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘What's Your Favourite Thing About STW?’ is closed to new replies.