Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • What’s your favourite biscuit?
  • Mr_Krabbs
    Free Member

At the moment I’m loving a biscuit.

here are my favourites. what’s yours?

Current top 3
    1. All butter shortbread (preferably petticoat tails)
    2. Dark choc digestive
    3. Fox’s viennese fingers

Special mentions

For dunking
    Digestive – have to be careful not to dunk too long though

A good all rounder
    Dark choc Hob Nob

mamadirt
    Free Member

geoffj

1. Custard cream
    2. Bourbon
    3. Fig roll
    4. Choc digestive

They don’t call me old school for nowt 😉

psychle
    Free Member

Tim Tams (the greatest biscuit ever invented 🙂 )

But failing that (as you Pom’s don’t seem to have them readily available!)

milk chocolate digestive.
    tesco finest triple choc
    or
    a good shortbread 🙂

MinishMan
    Free Member

To me, shortbreads are the bagel of the buscuit world. I eat one and it like a rock just went in my stomach. I’m not just full, I feel like I’m gonna be full for the rest of my life!

With a hot drink, Rich tea are very nice, or milk digestives.

Mr_Krabbs
    Free Member

you can get tim tams in my local tesco. I just don’t rate them! your biscuit are like your beer…..SH1TE.

😀

biscuitandpotato
    Free Member

guitarhero
    Free Member

Disco

nasher
    Free Member

hob nobs

Skippy

Jammy dodgers

titaniumtit
    Free Member

Hmm milk malts are nice but fox’s chunkies milk chocolate cookies do it for me at the moment as they aren’t goughie like the supermarket’s ones that are supposedly freshly baked BS.

joe1983
    Free Member

soggy

ton
    rockthreegozy
    Free Member

TheSwede
    Free Member

ton
    That’s technically a caramel bar and not a biscuit !

brakes
    Free Member

ginger biscuits

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’m with mamadirt on this one!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

That’s technically a caramel bar and not a biscuit !

It says on the wrapper “milk chocolate coated wafer biscuit”

They wouldn’t lie to you.

muggomagic

i like bourbons, but only ever eat them when you buy or get a tin of biscuits for christmas.

mine would have to be chocolate fingers, but if that is considered confectionery i would go for Fox’s Chocolate Viennese

Mr Krabbs you’ll probably love this website linky

Oggles
    Free Member

Happy Faces

akira

Jaffa Cakes, but then I’ve opened the whole cake/biscuit discussion.

muggomagic

there is no discussion. this matter has been settled in court (borrowed from wiki).

Cake or biscuit?
    Under UK law, no VAT is charged on biscuits and cakes — they are “zero rated”. Chocolate covered biscuits, however, are subject to VAT, currently 15%. McVities classed its Jaffa Cakes as cakes, but in 1991, this was challenged by Her Majesty’s Customs and Excise and the case ended up before the courts.[9] This may have been because Jaffa Cakes are about the same size and shape as some types of biscuit. A question that the court asked itself was “what criteria should be used to class something as a cake?”

McVities defended its classification of Jaffa Cakes as cakes. In doing so it produced a giant Jaffa Cake to illustrate that its Jaffa Cakes were simply miniature cakes.[citation needed]

McVities argued that a distinction between cakes and biscuits is, inter alia, that biscuits would normally be expected to go soft when stale, whereas cakes would normally be expected to go hard. It was demonstrated to the Tribunal that Jaffa Cakes become hard when stale. Other factors taken into account by the Chairman, Mr Potter QC, included the name, ingredients, texture, size, packaging, marketing, presentation, appeal to children, and manufacturing process. Contrary to a commonly held belief, whether something is considered a ‘luxury item’ is not a test for VAT purposes.

Mr Potter ruled that the Jaffa Cake is a cake. McVities therefore won the case and VAT is not paid on Jaffa Cakes

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh!! I just remembered the mighty Jammy dodger!

chewkw
    Free Member

Carrs or Jacob Water Biscuits. 😀

kimbers

choccy hob nob

discussion over

rs
    Free Member

johnhoo
    Free Member

I have no favourite biscuit – they’re all good

colnagokid

Fig Roll
    Choccy hobnob
    Custard Cream

dave_aber
    Free Member

I’m with Ton on this one – Tunnocks Caramel Waffers all the way.

Oh, and Abernethys, of course.

iDrew
    Free Member

Milk chocolate Hob Nob for me

chakaping
    Free Member

Up until last week I was all about the plain chocolate Hob Nobs, but then a wonderful thing happened and I discovered Fox’s Millionaire’s Shortbread.

The way the caramel centre liquifies but holds in place to be eaten after a dunk in my tea is a taste sensation.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Second ton and dave_aber on the scrumptiousness of the Tunnocks Caramel but they should probably be classified as more of a chocolate bar than a biscuit. Next fave would have to be jammy dodger or plain chocolate digestive.

Reckon the key test as to whether it’s a biscuit or not is whether you could eat 2 or 3 with a mug of tea. Dodger or digestive yes, Caramel no.

I would also propose for nomination another top Tunnocks comestible – the mighty tea cake

Anthony
    Free Member

‘At the moment I’m loving a biscuit’

What on earth have you been doing the rest of your life? I can’t imagine life pre-biscuit tbh.

Party-rings or Anzac (prefered for dunkers) and I’m anyone’s.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just like me, all the best things started in the 80’s

grizzlygus
    Free Member

There’s some right poncy nancy-boys on here – what with all your girlie biscuits.

The only thing I might have with my mug of tea is perhaps an extra teabag.

I bet you all pass the biscuits round on bone china plates and stick your pinkies out when ‘sipping’ your tea – pah

Mr_Krabbs
    Free Member

not eating biscuits with your tea makes you a ponce. I bet you like your tea in one of those funny shaped mugs served by some italian fella in costa or starbucks, and it’s probably a fruit tea.

my tea is served in a dirty mug, and biscuits are straight out of a ripped packet. i don’t even use the pull tab!

rich-6
    Free Member

Custard creams mmm, One of my faves but i cant find them anymore is pink wafers, Jammy dodgers were nice but overrated now 🙂

PePPeR

Mr Krabbs to be the real man you’ve got to have opened the packet of biscuits with your trusty pen knife, not with these poncy rip pulls they try and fob us off with these days!

Candodavid
    Free Member

The mostest chocolatiest biscuit ever!!!! Always taste better with a good strong cup of Yorkshire Tea

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Oreos -urrgghhh

Any kind of all butter shortbread please 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘What’s your favourite biscuit?’ is closed to new replies.