• This topic has 20 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Whats your favorite place to ride in wales?
  • mrbump
    Free Member

Hi. I’m thinking of head to wales to ride the weekend. Where can the most fun be had on my 140mm trail bike?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Brechfa or CYB. CYB wins it imo.

Marko

Out of my door and turn left (or right) . . . 😀

More seriously. North south or mid?

Marko

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrbump
    Free Member

i do CYB all the time ,but i really want to try brechfa.

mrbump
    Free Member

north, mid or south.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Go to Brechfa avoid the M4 traffic you’ll have a bermtastic time
    😀

Northwind

So far, Coed y Brenin, we didn’t have a single bad ride in Wales but CYB is the one that really stuck in my head and the only one I’ve got a real urge to get back to.

chvck
    Free Member

The area around nant-y-arian and the dyfi forest. Ace, the lot of it.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

CYB, although Llandegla is good for a quick blast 🙂

bloodynora
    Free Member

Penmachno, simply the best man made trail I’ve ridden. For a very average rider like me its tough but always leaves me with a smile after 🙂

Radioman

I think all of them have something different to offer, My old favourite was Whytes Level but I hear thats closed now?????. Brechfa is nice and tech. Cwm Carn i also enjoy plus Penmachno and the Marin trail…. I think you are spoilt for choice there!! Great area definitely worth a 3day plus trip!

mrbump
    Free Member

yes coed y brenin is ace and i’m there all the time as my friend has a log cabin 1 mile away 🙂 but i going there next month so i want somewhere different this weekend.
    llandegla i’m not sold on. i did it 2 months ago on my hardtail. i was not keen on the steep short jumps that are every where. had to keep scrubing the speed down not not overshoot the landings even though i was squashing.saying that there were some decent sections so i would consider going back for a second look, but would take the susser.
    nant y arian sounds intresting.whats it like,more natural??

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Of the trail centres – probably nant.

chvck
    Free Member

I think that nant-y-arian does feel more natural than cyb, especially if you do the conti loop or have a look around online and you’ll find more bits around that area that aren’t on the map. I’ve always fancied doing the mbr killer loop round those parts but haven’t yet got round to it

maxray
    Free Member

Yeah I enjoyed nant y arian, for natural there is an ace loop in the black mountains from crickhowell, you get an amazing decent from the top of crug mawr.

mrbump
    Free Member

i don’t think whites level is shut is it? is it not the skyline trail thats closed.

bloodynora
    Free Member

I found the Summit trail at Nant really fast and flowy, great fun (leg burner section was a killer though!)….. as was Clima-X near Machynleth (sp?) Great last section of downhill there. If you go to Nant be sure to get back to the forestry centre as they feed the Red Kites, awsome site

Rorschach
    Free Member

In no particular order.Snowdonia,Elan Valley,Berwyns,Black Mountains,Clwydians,Festiniog and Cambrian mountains.

mrbump
    Free Member

cwm carn is tempting as its the shortest drive. but it would mean doing multiple loop of the short xc trail and as i’m supossed to be retired from downhill due to too many injuries, i would not be able to resist hitting the DH track,though i do still have a garage full of DH tires that need wearing out and i have had some great uplift days there 🙂

Radioman

good to here Whytes is still going…im tempted ! I used to like the skills/freeride bit at the top of Cwm Carn..have they put the ladders back? Agreed Brechfa is bermtastic…i also remember a fairly steep muddy descent that was quite interesting!

MSP

Doethie Valley

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Whats your favorite place to ride in wales?’ is closed to new replies.