Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • What's your emergency waterproof jacket
  • SOAP
    Free Member

I carry a Endura Photon at the moment.
    Breathability10000
    Waterproof 10000
    Size XL packs down to about 2 large apples.
    After 10 mins it becomes clammy, after 30 it’s as wet inside as out

Simon

I rarely take a full on waterproof jacket, I usually just take something shower proof, either a Montane Featherlite velo or Singletrack.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I moved to australia, riding quicker is my emergency jacket

stevied
    Free Member

Berhaus Paclite Goretex. Packs down very small, keeps me dry and keeps the wind out well too.

shredder
    Free Member

Endura MTR emergency shell packs nice and small, seems very waterproof.

Kryton57

Simon – Member
    I rarely take a full on waterproof jacket, I usually just take something shower proof, either a Montane Featherlite velo or Singletrack.

+1

Onzadog
    Free Member

There’s a endura pakjak in the bottom of my pack. Not used it in anger as I normally make the right call as to when to take my “proper” waterproof.

beaker2135

I keep a Karrimor pac lite in the bottom of my bag, don’t know why though I just carry on riding in the wet. It’s the cold that gets me

FOG

I have a Montane Singletrack which is a nicely made jacket. However I don’t know how waterproof it is because I sweat so much I suspect I am producing more moisture than the rain. It has been said many times, but however big the transpiration rate quoted by manufacturers, most humans produce far more moisture than the material can cope with. So at least it keeps me warm if damp.

benp1

Usually don’t take one as they’re only short rides so wear a windshirt and just get wet!

Berghaus paclite in the car for emergencies
    Montane Atomic DT for cycling

chum3
    Free Member

Wot FOG said – I consider a waterproof to be a warming layer, rather than a stay dry layer. Any sort of exercise and I’m wet inside, irrespective.

One of my fav bits of kit at the mo is my waterproof jacket with removable arms (forget the name). Perfect for cold winter riding where windchill is the main issue. Take arms off, undo zip a bit, so plenty of ventilation, and core stays warm.

rocketman
    Free Member

Trek Mates something or other £20 from TK Maxx. Packs down to the size of a wallet and although not actually waterproof it disperses rain quite well. Takes about 30 mins of steady rain to saturate it.

Have never felt the need for a full-on waterproof I don’t tend to ride all day in the rain

project
    Free Member

I carry two large recycling bin bags,thick plastic, negligable weight, waterprroof, but a bit sweaty, one for me and for an emergency if you ever find someone on the side of the road, keeps them dry and warm in an emergency.

djtom
    Free Member

OMM Kamleika mountain marathon jacket. Weighs nothing, packs down to large fist size, waterproof enough in anything other than the apocalypse (or day 1 of the OMM in the Brecons, that is…)

keefmac

a cheapo north ridge waterproof. packs up very small and very light. gets a bit sweaty inside but its windproof so stops the chill.

kimbers

got very cheap from halfords, its OK

onandon
    Free Member

Craft Performance Bike Light jacket.Tk maxx were knocking them out for £16 a while ago.
    Fantastic jacket at full rrp of £50. At 16 it was an absolute bargain.

DanW
    Free Member

Mavic HC H20 for me. Stupidly expensive and perhaps doesn’t pack down quite as small as some of the others suggested but it will go in a jersey pocket, has lots of ventilation options and is more waterproof and breathable than anything else suggested so far I believe. I used it for Summer rain/ emergencies and also now through Winter for 4 hour rides absolutely teeming it down. Can’t see why not to if you can get over the cost 😕

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Same as my everyday jacket,

Bontrager eVent packable.

scuttler

TKMAXX IS DA BOM!

Cleaned up on ski gear there recently – 12.99 for some Da Kine Scout gloves!

brickwizard
    Free Member

Montane Atomic Stretch. Can’t fault it.

jonba
    Free Member

montane featherlite velo, have a proper waterproof (montane velocity dt) for when it is likely to be wet for a while and also a cheapo jacket for commuting and nuddy winter night rides.

manton69

Assos rainjacket that I picked up years ago. Always with me and packs up tight. Rarely used but ace when I have.

tang
    Free Member

Teaching days – rab event with a hood as I’m likely to be stood about as well as riding.
    Riding days – Mavic hc h20 job, as above, a brilliant piece of kit.

spacemonkey

Paramor Altira. Neither the lightest not the heaviest to pack down but it does the trick in sh1tty weather.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘What's your emergency waterproof jacket’ is closed to new replies.