Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • What’s your Disney musical guilty pleasure?
  • MrPottatoHead

Now if ever a thread was worthy of zero replies this is it.

Now I can’t sing and I sure as hell can’t dance but I do love a good singalong to a kids musical. The final instalment of the amazing Zombies series hit Disney tonight and I’m in a feel good mood.

So hit me with your choices, or favourite song if you please.

freeagent
    Free Member

Probably Tangled.

maccruiskeen

My guilty pleasure is watching explosions

Markie
    Free Member

Let it go. Joyous memories.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Let It Go is wonderful but my favourite is You’re Welcome from Moana (sung by The Rock)

richardkennerley

How far I’ll go from Moana is a belting tune

nickewen
    Free Member

Beaten to it by @eckinspain
    Tremendous film and tune! My 3yr old and me regularly have it belting out in the car 🙂

momo

Nothing from Frozen, with 3 and 5 year old girls in the house it’s definitely played out here!

Lin Manuel Miranda though is a bloody musical genius, I’ve had ‘we don’t talk about bruno’ rattling around in my bonce for weeks now and I flipping love it!

sanername

Moana has several solid bangers and a great storyline.

Bare (Bear?) Necessities, or King of the Swingers from The Jungle Book. I quite like the Cruella DeVil song from 101 dalmatians too.

Cougar

Markie
    Free Member

You’re Welcome and We Don’t Talk About Bruno are both indeed awesome and epic (and have each been sung a million times in this house!). The only reason Let It Go trumps them for me is the memories of singing them with with my little one when she was littler. Lucky us.

desperatebicycle

Fantasia

argee

Always have a soft spot for Descendants, my 6 year old loves them and probably the ones i don’t mind having on in the background.

tomhoward

My favourite thing is Rock covers of Disney classics…

nickc

Hawaiian Roller Coaster – Lilo and Stitch

lister

Frozen (obvs) and Beauty and the Beast (the live action one).

CountZero

No guilt involved, two great songs by great artists from two terrific films.

Barking At The Moon, by Jenny Lewis, from Bolt

And the lovely Julie Fowlis singing Touch The Sky from Brave, unusually for her, in English.

Edit – are they both Disney? Not so sure, now, but soddit, great songs from animated movies regardless.

colournoise

desperatebicycle
    Fantasia

This. All day long. Don’t care for the singalong stuff (although King Of the Swingers is obviously a killer track).

RustySpanner

A ferry to Roscoff.
    Very rough crossing.

Watched a lovely young lady in full Frozen get up sing ‘Let It Go’ whilst surrounded by vomiting children and parents.

Fantastic.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Jungle book all the way.

acidchunks

Shiny!

Friend like me

The Gummy Bears theme.

dyna-ti

Im now singing bits of “Everyone wants to be a cat” and i have been for the last 2 hours.

Yeah thanks for that mate 🙁

theotherjonv

Bit mixed feelings here; of course we love a Disney singalong but they owe us A LOT of money.

Starting with my son; he was named after a famous lion cub in his pre-transition life. It was a cool name, no-one else had it, and it summed up their personality brilliantly. And then….. every third child you came across had the same name and everyone was ‘What, like in Frozen?’  No, we had that name 7 years before you stole it.

It also means we can’t watch the film or the songs as it’s a bit of a trigger still. I keep telling him to let it go but that only seems to make it worse.

And then……

My wife is 1/4 Kiwi, her grandmother was born and brought up in NZ and came to the UK as a young woman. As is common she had a Maori name, meaning ‘wide ocean’ which was passed on to my wife, and then on to my daughter as middle names. And then **** me……they nicked that as well! Fortunately my daughter embraces it because she clearly had it 12 years before Walt the thieving bastard came along. I’ve written to them demanding recompense, but I don’t know how far I’ll go with that.

To the question. For the memories, HSM was the songs as kids they always had in the car, so that has good memories. For me, it has to be KOTS which is just a great song anyway. When we went to Florida, meeting King Louie and Baloo in Animal Kingdom on the first day was a dream come true (although meeting Mary Poppins later on led to some other sorts of dreams best not mentioned here. Let’s just say after the kids are tucked up in bed – pure filth. No wonder Bert’s voice went all funny.)

Lastly, don’t know if it counts but Lin-Manual Miranda. I know a stage piece first and then Disney got the rights to film that but Hamilton is just brilliant and has some fantastic music in it. And the theatre co my kids work with did Bring It On a few years ago at Southwark in South London, and the man himself only went and turned up to watch it, and was charm personified. His Desert Island Discs is worth a listen, if you like that sort of thing.

Lin-Manuel Miranda Surprises Bring It On Cast At Southwark Playhouse

Davesport

Jungle Book soundtrack every day of the week. Some excellent vids on YouTube about Louis Prima & Phil Harris who sang & played in “I wanna be like you”

leffeboy

not cool and not sing along but this is a guilty pleasure as these people can really sing – pure Disney

Harry_the_Spider

Tangled.

MoreCashThanDash

Bear Necessities for feeling good, Let It Go for belting it out in the car when alone

Fueled
    Free Member

Just can’t wait to be king. Everyone in the car can take a character. It was only very recently that I twigged that Zazu is Rowan Atkinson!

funkmasterp

Moana has several solid bangers and a great storyline.

This, Encanto and The Princess and the Frog are the only Disney films I can handle. Not a big fan of musicals and luckily the kids seem to enjoy Pixar films the most. Moana is just so good though. Must’ve have watched it fifty times with Funkette and still enjoy singing along.

MrPottatoHead

Well this got a lot more love than I thought! Some great favourites.

That exploding princess heads vid….😂

sharkbait
    Free Member

Moana +1

desperatebicycle

although King Of the Swingers is obviously a killer track

Oh yes Jungle Book is just a superb film. Can’t be called a guilty pleasure really

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.