Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • What's your biggest frustration about owning a 29er?
  • kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

29er for bikes = 3D for TV.

Just a gimick/cash cow for people who are not fast enough off road.

tazzymtb

Just a gimick/cash cow for people who are not fast enough off road.

yeh because the niner team, fisher team and some of the salsa riders are just as slow as an asthmatic snail carrying heavy shopping up hill aren’t they.

I mean fuzzy mylne even beats geared xc racers on a 29er SS so either lots of yank racers are crap or you troll has gone back under his bridge 😆

gee
    Free Member

I’d heard about the tubeless ready ones – they’ve finally admitted their sidewalls are awful. Will be interesting to see if the 2.1s finally appear – could finally tempt me off the Alberts…

CheesybeanZ

Tazzy , if youve still got the tyres ill sort you some beer n cake, good excuse to come up to cannock , not been there on a 29er 😀

boxelder

Frustrating for me is having a costly FS bike in the garage, rarely used in preference to my rigid 29er.
    Probably a passing fad. Fun though.

tazzymtb

cheesy- they’re yours mate. I’ll do you a tour of the off piste as well if you fancy it 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

lack of tyres, hurry up nobby nic 29ers!

dmjb4
    Free Member

isn’t the biggest downer that you need to be above median height or the bike just looks silly and is dangerous to ride?

CheesybeanZ

dmjb4 …510" and no probs with standover , feel like im in the bike not perched on top .
    Tazzy ,off piste , yes please . i`ll bring theswede 8)

tazzymtb

cheesy I’ll look forward to it. Swede has my email so get him to drop me a line and we’ll get sorted.

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

My 19″ steel frame weights just under 5.3/4LB and all though the whole bike only weights 28.5lb it feels a bit sluggish at times.

common sense is trying to stop me from buying this of e-bay, as my mate is off to his sisters in orlando tomorrow and has offered to go and collect it for me.
    wont somebody think of the children

And not being able to decide what bike frame to put fox 29er talas on..

Chevin
    Free Member

Hello!

There is no problem with 29er stuff here!

Bikes from Gary, Trek, ragley and Niner.

5 29er forks in stock (2 rockshox, 2 marzochhi, 1 fox) oh and niner rigids.
    Tubes always.
    Tyres from Bonty (7 at the moment) Maxxis(5) panaracer, Intense, conti..
    Rims and wheels in stock

Matthew

I like 29ers. Other wheel sizes available!

postierich
    Free Member

Unable to hack a 26 ” wheeler
    😉

Says it all! 🙂 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

igm

Has anyone said tight hairpins?

tazzymtb

Has anyone said tight hairpins?

don’t be silly, everyone knows that if a 29er leaves a fire road it’ll explode in a cloud of cliches and kill the rider, therefore your comment is illogical 😉

igm

So night riding Dalby in the pouring rain last week was a bad idea?

Am I dead already? On second thoughts, don’t answer that – if I am I don’t want to know.

And does the fact it’s rigid make it better or worse?

Dancake
    Free Member

Makes you want a 69er or a 36er

tazzymtb

Am I dead already?

I’m afraid so and this is hell, you must have been a very bad boy! how else do you explain some of the “interesting” characters on here. There’s no way TJ SFB, or Elfinsafety would exist in the real world. They are all the lord of darkness’s little imps sent to torment the doomed souls on Satan’strack.

mooman
    Free Member

Is it not common knowledge that certain people get 29ers for much the same reason that less generously endowed men get larger than neccesary cars?

ton

i am just in the process of having a reduction op then……….. 😉

geoffj

isn’t the biggest downer that you need to be above median height or the bike just looks silly and is dangerous to ride?

Bit like riding your dads bike when you were 9′

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

It takes longer to pump up the tyres on a 29er. (I make up the time by coasting away from my 26″ friends on the descents.)

MentalMickey
    Free Member

RealMan – Member
    Having to tell your parents you’re gay.

……..’said the tight lycra clad carbon weight weenie limp wristed couscous eating roadie wufter’. 😆

epicyclo

The biggest problem is what to do with all the expensive 26ers lying unused in the shed.

Can always lend them out to midgets, I suppose 🙂

slowjo
    Free Member

The front wheel trying to tuck under in really tight singletrack…. otherwise mine is perfect.

ahwiles
    Free Member

fontmoss – Member

peoplenot noticing and not

asking why you ride a 29er

there, fixed it for you…

sam_underhill

about 25% more expensive than an identically specced 26″

well the wheels are pretty much 25% bigger, so that’s about fair isn’t it 😉

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Clowns keeps asking for it back.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

No frustrations. My 29er does exactly what I expect it to do. Its just a bike after all.

shortcut

Forks seem more expensive and the lbs has to order stuff in specially for me because I choose bigger wheels.

On the trail there is no frustration other than I am even less good at wheelies on the 29er than I was with smaller wheels.

29er all the way for me now.

(other size wheels are available for midgets and people with questionable taste!)

stumpynya12
    Free Member

I sat on a 29er just the once ? and the alltitude made my nose bleed. They do seem to roll over stuff well but I aint tall enough to run one.

emac65
    Free Member

My biggest frustration is that other 29er riders seem to think that you’re some part of some elite/niche group because you ride such a machine.It’s just a ****’ bike with big wheels ffs.Lot of SSers are the same too…..Again,just a bike !

tazzymtb

My biggest frustration is that other 29er mountain bike riders seem to think that you’re some part of some elite/niche group because you ride such a machine.

just because you ride a mountain bike doesn’t mean I like you or we have to be friends 🙂

emac65
    Free Member

Fair point tbh,a lot of mtbers are total pr!cks….. 😆

ahwiles
    Free Member

it’s true – i am.

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘What's your biggest frustration about owning a 29er?’ is closed to new replies.