Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Whats wrong with my Pikes??
  • finners

Just finished the build, eventually. But now my Pikes wont compress. When pushed down to compress there is very little or no travel and what sounds like a quiet let off valve. a kinda hiss…? the bike was upside down for a very short period of time. would this have made any difference? please excuse me if there is an easy answer to this, but suspension set up aint my srong point……

Carter
    Free Member

might be really obvious and annoyingof me to suggest but you havn’t got the lockout turn on? (top of life fork leg)

finners

ha, nope. lock out definitely not on. Top of left leg is u-turn and top of right is the motion control.

Shinythings
    Free Member

I would put money on it being the usual compression side damper shaft O-Ring failure. If you unscrew and pull out your lockout/compression cartridge you will probably find most of the oil has leaked to the bottom of the leg. If so, it’s a simple job of replacing the shaft O-Ring with a 12 x 3.5. I’ve done this a number of people including myself.

naokfreek
    Free Member

yep.. sounds like it to me…always a leak into the lowers….should be a sinch to sort really if you got the time.

I_Ache
    Free Member

As shinythings said it is very common and very easy to fix.

finners

Thank you gents.

finners

Is it easy enough to do myself? are there any helpful online instructions? should my lbs have these “O-rings”? I fear a mild **** up may be on the way 😀

nuke

Easy enough to do. You’ll need the usual bits required for servicing RS forks…5wt and 15wt fork oil etc.

If you’re stuck for the o-rings contact Loco off here…just received the necessary o-rings from Simon to fix my RS forks

finners
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Whats wrong with my Pikes??’ is closed to new replies.