Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What's wrong with my neck?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Bad pains in my neck. Had them for a few months now and not getting any better. Particularly sore at the base of my skull to the rear of both sides of my neck. Pain has also migrated with additional often severe pain at the bottom of the left side of my neck and into top of shoulder. Especially sore when I move. Waiting for hospital appt but just wondered of anyone on here has any knowledge? Everything I have read about neck strains indicate that pain should subside over time, but mine certainly isn’t.

rj2dj
    Free Member

I have the exact same issue – Went to see GP who told me to do some stretches, which I do, but they make no difference!

woody2000

Are you deskbound? Anything changed at work? Stress?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kilo

My most recent spell of fairly bad neck pain seems to have vanished since being prescribed reading glasses for the first time.

loddrik
    Free Member

Not deskbound. Not stressed. Last accident was over the bars at CyB about 6 months ago so I don’t think it is related to that.

greenboy
    Free Member

Do you spend long periods working on a laptop and/or where you are looking down at work? This can cause the top vertibrae supporting muscles to go into spasm which over time the apin and muscle recruitment migrates into the neck and shoulders. The area around the top vertibrae will be very tender when pressed. This can be resolved with massage from physio and rasing the screen up higher.

Hope it helps!

tang
    Free Member

Also staring down at smart phones for hours doesn’t help, as I found out! Same pains.

CheesybeanZ

Had the same thing for a long time , the doc suggested i tried stretching then refered to a physio , no improvement at all . Back to the docs for an X ray and they found arthritis in 4 5 6 and 7 which was causing the neck and shoulder pain . Ask your doc for an X ray if only to rule things out .

sbob
    Free Member

I had recurring neck pain which was cured by using one less pillow. 💡

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Also if you ride a lot you have to consider you hold your neck in an extended position, which isn’t eaxctly natural

I find keeping mine warm, using a fleece buff scarf thing when i ride when its cold, ibuprofen gel when its sore and sleeping with no pillow when its particulary bad – all help keep neck ache at bay.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve got the same thing. Except I know what caused it, funny thing is there’s not a mark on my Giro Hex lid.
    Head/tree stump interface.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What's wrong with my neck?’ is closed to new replies.