Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • What's wrong with me? (sleep content)
  • loddrik
    Free Member

For the last few days I have been unbelievably tired. I get a good nights sleep, wake up knackered and sleep for a couple more hours. Wake up again and feel refreshed for 10mins then feel exhausted again. I then spend the rest of the day dozing on couch with next to no energy. The tiredness is unlike normal tiredness, it’s nigh on impossible to fight and is all encompassing. I’ve always grabbed an afternoon nap when schedule permits but this is different.

Should I be concerned? Anyone else experienced this?

imnotverygood

Are you stressed? Could be signs of depression.

loddrik
    Free Member

Definitely not depression and not stressed.

scaled
    Free Member

Sleeping too much, go for a ride 😀

In all seriousness you’re probably getting incomplete sleep cycles which means you wake up feeling shite, i’m the same way but was so much worse when i was working night shifts and going to uni. It’s honestly taken me YEARS to get back into decent sleeping habits.

Decide how much sleep you need and make a commitment to yourself to go to bed at X and wake up at Y and just MTFU if you’re tired, it’s a bitch for a good while but you’ll feel so much better afterwards!

neninja
    Free Member

Could be loads of things.

I was like that when I had glandular fever. Could be a post viral thing – have you had any bugs recently?

voodoo_chile

Loddrik , lyme disease possibly sounds mad but it can knock you for six

woody2000

I’ll say diabetes, though I am by no means a doctor. 🙂

Cougar

Some form of sleep apnea or other disturbed sleep perhaps? Do you share a bed with someone who could comment on whether you appear to be getting ‘good’ sleep?

Sui
    Free Member

Iron deficiency doesn’t help. Have you recently given up high caffeine drinks – stopped excercising like you used to – sooo many possibles go see a doc..

rocketman
    Free Member

Thyroid?

nick1962
    Free Member

Your energy has been sapped by the number of helmet debates on here at the moment.

carbon337
    Free Member

I had something similar I slept for 14 hrs one night. I then came down with loads of mouth ulcers and cold sores indicating I was run down. Had a week of road riding as I had done 200 miles a week and 4 races in 7 days.

Slowly getting better but still get the off day.

Are you exercising loads?

willard

Do you use a biological or non-biological washing powder?

We swapped brands at one point and I could not get a decent night’s sleep until we changed back. Persil Non-Bio FTW!

coffeeking
    Free Member

If you add in “don’t get to sleep before 3am” to your symptoms you’ve got my entire sleep history since the age of 6 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

The tiredness is unlike normal tiredness, it’s nigh on impossible to fight and is all encompassing

Again, could be any number of things. But as someone who’s suffered badly in the past from extreme fatigue, can only say get to the quacks for some tests ASAP!

Another side note too, as someone else who’s been on the long term Rock’n’Roll, inactivity breeds tiredness. You don’t want to get up and go out and do things, cos they cost money, something you lack when on JSA. But the busier you keep yourself, the more “normal” you feel.

allthepies
    Free Member

Cat AIDS ?

nick1962
    Free Member

coffeeking – Member

If you add in “don’t get to sleep before 3am”

I think the clue might be in your username 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Oh no.. I’m afraid it’s serious.

e-mail for details ugotCATAIDS@mtfu.co.ck

sparkyrhino

You get a good nights kip,wake up feel knackered have few more hours kip.and have a nap in the afternoon. DONT YOU WORK?

imnotamused
    Free Member

I’m the same this week, also have the squits. Just putting it down to a bug of some kind but its making working very difficult 🙁

puppypower
    Free Member

last time I felt like this, turned out I was pregnant.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I think the clue might be in your username

Hated coffee when I was 6 🙂

Time for a coffee, well reminded!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

My family had something similar to this for a week or so several years ago. It turned out to be low dose carbon monoxide poisoning following a botched heating/boiler service…

loddrik
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions chaps, will look into (some) of them.

DrP

My diagnisis is that for the past few days, you’ve been more tired than usual.
    It happens to humans from time to time.

DrP

LenHankie

Are you simply a teenager?

Seriously though, the Carbon Monoxide thing is no joke, well worth having your boiler checked over.

mattythemod
    Free Member

I’ll say diabetes, though I am by no means a doctor

Some form of sleep apnea or other disturbed sleep perhaps? Do you share a bed with someone who could comment on whether you appear to be getting ‘good’ sleep?

Well i have had the same symptoms and had Diabetes confirmed 6 months ago and get results confiming my sleep apnoea tommorow …a visit to your GP is a must for a simple blood test IMHO …

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘What's wrong with me? (sleep content)’ is closed to new replies.