Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • What's wrong with Chaka Khan?
  • core

On Jools Holland, 3 songs in, understoodb about a dozen words clearly so far. Painful. Out of tune too.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You’re drunk.

cloudnine
    Free Member

She appears to have re-furbished herself with a leather sofa

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Chaka, Chaka, Chaka
    Chaka Khan
    Chaka Khan
    Chaka Khan
    Chaka Khan
    Chaka Khan’t?
    I feel for you.

Cougar

She sounds ok but seems to have had so much work done that she can’t move her mouth any more.

136stu
    Free Member

Saw her at Manchester Apollo about 25 years ago and she seemed p*ss*d and sounded far worse than tonight.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

😆

totalshell

much better than robbie williams.. hes singing karaoke with subtitles to his own songs and keeps checking the lyrics.. pissed/drugs/just cack

drlex
    Free Member

I’d also thought that there was a naked sofa in DFS, and that she was a mask short of a good Darth Vader costume.

househusband

Didn’t realise until the end who she was. Highlight for me was Seasick Steve’s clog dancer!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

much better than robbie williams..

But it made me laugh when he did Auld Lang Syne with his public and then rushed straight to the sanitizer to get their germs from his hands with a look of disgust on his face.

Man of the people; loves his public.

The he started singing and I turned it off quick.

wilburt
    Free Member

Give her a break, It’ll be hot wearing leather in July.

core

I was sober, I’d suggest she wasn’t. The studio must have done wonders for her back in’t day.

CountZero

She appears to have re-furbished herself with as a leather sofa

She’s certainly comfortably put together…
    I thought her annunciation was a bit off at times, but she can still hit the high notes when she wants to.
    Pretty impressed with the show, a much better mix of artists than Hootenanny has had over recent years.
    Good to see Roy Wood playing, and ABC were on good form, but I particularly liked Christine and the Queens and Caravan Palace.
    Rag’n’Bone Man was a bit of a surprise, not at all what I expected, and he was really good singing with Gregory Porter, really well-matched voices.
    I didn’t recognise Imelda May, a total change of look and style, she was sort of 40’s/50’s rockabilly when I saw her at IoW in 2015, she certainly looked very slinky in that long frock.
    UB40…
    Meh.

eruptron
    Free Member

much better than robbie williams.. hes singing karaoke with subtitles to his own songs and keeps checking the lyrics.. pissed/drugs/just cack

Robbie Williams pouting and giving the audience the bird. Thought he was generally crass enough to to turn over to BBC2 and listen to Chaka doobedoing. Nice family viewing on NYE :roll:. The Antibacterial moment was the best part haha.
    Thought it was embarrassing for the BBC to have that on before the count down.

dannyh
    Free Member

What’s wrong with Chaka Khan?

Lack of real musical talent.

jonnyrockymountain

Caravan palace were superb, and I’ve fallen for the lead singer

wiggles
    Free Member

Having listening rag and bone man before I was surprised to see what he looked like, just one of those people who’s voice doesn’t match his appearance.

CountZero

Caravan palace were superb, and I’ve fallen for the lead singer

Sorry, you’ll have to join the queue… 😀

derek_starship
    Free Member

I thought CK performed very well. Surprised to read she’s 63. Go girl.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Chaka sang well considering it was a live studio performance. Many shows require several takes to get them sounding just right.
    She seems to be doing alright considering she’s in her 60s.

And the Caravan Palace singer was essence!!

sadexpunk

no mention of the real talents on the show, John cooper clarke and hugh cornwell? 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

Give her a break, It’ll be hot wearing leather in July.

Incredible that they managed to refer to trump winning the election then. For info it was recorded at the beginning of December.

Christine & the Queens Tilted was fantastic, some other great performances, could have done without Roy Wood.

derek_starship
    Free Member

The lady from CP is beautiful. Reminds me of Lauren from Chvrches.

Thought Mr Fry was very good and he looks great.

Great show in all.

mattythemod
    Free Member

She has a well known substance abuse problem .

Gary_M
    Free Member

She has a well known substance abuse problem .

Cake?

scaredypants

What’s wrong with Chaka Khan?

[quote] She has a well known substance abuse problem[/quote]rufus a badgers arse, was she ?

athy62
    Free Member

I was gonna chuck a bottle, I was gonna chaka khan, chaka kahn….

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘What's wrong with Chaka Khan?’ is closed to new replies.