Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • what's with these 29" wheeled bikes then?
  • TheSwede
    Free Member

Another interesting and educational thread ruined by idiots. Ok so I may have photo shopped a beach where my soho market patch is and I didn’t actually get any money from the dwarfs for the belts as they over powered me with sharpened spoons but I am serious about the handling of a 29er. My necklace/bongo/trinket box stall handles equally as well as when it was a standard 29er. In fact it was rather good down Dr Johns the other weekend. I did lose a very fetching sea shell and mother of pearl pair of earnings though if anyone sees them.

tazzymtb

I think this man may have stolen one of your wheels as well

Pogo
    Free Member

The wheels might have a tendancy to bend and buckle, what with them being so much bigger, as I was informed the other weekend at Dalby, so be careful… 😯

handyman
    Free Member

I have aquired a jamis dragon race 853 tubing 29er and will be taking it out for its maiden ride fri on my regular route that i have done on my 26er hardtail and fs so am looking forward to comparing, it does have rather nice american classic tubeless wheels on and they feel nice and firm

I tried riding a 29er down some twisty singletrack and it was so slow I actually went backwards.

duckman

I would love to ride the 29 Scandal I have just built up,but at a whisker under 6″3″ I am not tall enough.

oldnpastit

I’m 5’8 and a medium Swift is just perfect. You could do worse than to email Singular and ask them, as they would actually know, and Sam is very helpful. Plus Swifts are fantastic bikes to ride.

All 29ers are rubbish. Don’t get one. Slow and lumbering.

I’M 4 foot 7 and ride a medium swift, top tube is a little close to my jewels but wouldnt go back to a kids bike for love or money.
    but i do wish they would make a 29er that can steer through singletrack as i when i try and turn the bars i just keep going in a straight line

chainslapp
    Free Member

I ride a 29er, but before I decided whether they were for me, I thought long and hard. My wife actually took a pic of me contemplating the idea.

rOcKeTdOg

i want those burners in the pic at the top!, imagine the fun wrestling with a pair of them each! Grrr!

duckman

chickenbyrianniandakeemanan

Get stronger!

Get stronger!
    you obviously havent seen the size of my guns have you ?
    BOOM BOOM

I work out down the gym every day doing mahoosive weights that would make mr universe cry

rOcKeTdOg

Great guns chap!

duckman

I cannot see this at work,but I will view it tonight and attempt to post an appropriate reply

Earl
    Free Member

5’7″ here with shoes on.
    18″ DiamondBack Mojito 23″TT and 80mm stem. Rides great.

7hz
    Free Member

etc…

ourmaninthenorth

“There’s no way I would ever consider a 29er” is something I think about when riding my 700c wheeled road bike.

What a ridiculous idea – and I’d certainly never consider buying a well designed proto frame off tazzymtb. Ever.

tazzymtb

and I’d certainly never consider buying a well designed proto frame off tazzymtb. Ever.

It’s a good job to. I’ve heard that not only does he maybe have carnal relations with the devil, but he may actually have just ordered a new frame so that mythical proto beast will be appearing possibly on the classifieds in a 7-10 days for a very reasonable price. (just to get the hideous thing out of my site god knows who’d want a clown bike with bendy seat tubes and climbing ability of a monkey on PCP) 😉

DezB
    Free Member

if they do improve your riding experience…

Haven’t seen this answered.
    Mine doesn’t need improving, so sticking with wot I got.

singlespeedstu

I hear some 29ers handle so badly that their owners have resorted to putting 26″ wheels on the front.

FatFronts can’t fly by sheldonattwood, on Flickr

tazzymtb

you appear to be floating stu, was it the old “helium in the fat tyre” practical joke again?

takisawa2

Hard core is riding with a way-marker post for an arm.^^^

singlespeedstu

That’s Dan Bridleway-Sign that is. 😆

tk46hal
    Free Member

29er are terrible bikes!
    You lot riding 26ers, stick with them!
    Oh! When you see me out riding, get out of my way or I’ll just have to ride over you! 😆

rOcKeTdOg

People still ride 26″ wheeled bikes? Them freaks need to grow up and try an adults bike

how come Dans in 3rd ?

IdleJon

tazzymtb – Member
    bob? what the blinkin flip is that? Are they all named after the singer from the cure, that would explain why 29ers are so slow, they can only go at mopey goth pace

Funniest thing I’ve read for a while.

I must name my bikes after random singers from bands……

singlespeedstu

chickenbyrianniandakeemanan – Member

how come Dans in 3rd ?

He’s not he’s fifth.

charliedontsurf

Bigger may not always be better

But bigger is always bigger

And that is better.

Seriously. They are great. If small wheels are better why don’t we all ride bmx wheels. One wheel size fits all is or rather was a manufacturing convenience. But now we have half a dozen bottom bracket variations we are cool with two wheel sizes*

* 650b might be one size too far.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘what's with these 29" wheeled bikes then?’ is closed to new replies.