Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Whats with road kill levels at the mo??
  • scandalous
    Free Member

Its carnage out in the Peak at the moment – a blood bath I tell ye!

any reason that rabbits are apparently throwing themselves in front of cars more than seems normal??

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

badger cull keeping the badgers on the move so their food’s running about scared too?

LeeW

Do badgers eat rabbit?

franksinatra

Funny you should mention it. After not hitting anything for years, I’ve taken out the pigeons in the past week.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

badgers will eat pretty much anything, rabits, hedgehogs, worms and slugs, carrion

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

They also have sex with cattle giving them bovine aids or something.

MrOvershoot

I’ve noticed the jump in road kill over the last few weeks, perhaps its to do with the nights drawing in?
    Riding home the other evening it was almost a slalom course between squashed rabbit carcasses!

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Rural road use by motor vehicles ought to be banned, its almost as bad as toffs charging around on horses with dogs ripping the poor bleeders apart !

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Mum and Dad telling the kids to move out, I guess for badgers and foxes.

Kuco

Pigeons are just fat and lazy at the moment and are very reluctant to move. Rabbits are just stupid and rather than run into the hedge they insist on running either down the road or do that back and forth bit across the road that usually ends up them being flattened and pheasants are just stupider than rabbits x10.

Esme
    Free Member
    scandal42
    Free Member

Saw 4 dead badgers in the way back from Cannock yesterday.

MrSmith
    Free Member

any reason that rabbits are apparently throwing themselves in front of cars more than seems normal??

Myxomatosis

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

A good year for some species, so more numerous?

More drivers than ever before using rural roads thanks to SatNav shortcuts?

The dawning of a new epoch, where animals are trying to rise up against their human overlords but are failing miserably?

Some other nonsense hypothesis such as we’ve screwed the Earths electromagnetic field which many animals are in tune with so now they are just plain dopey?

CountZero

cheekyboy – Member
    Rural road use by motor vehicles ought to be banned, its almost as bad as toffs charging around on horses with dogs ripping the poor bleeders apart !

I really hope that remark was supposed to have 😉 on the end of it, otherwise you’re obviously a complete townie cock who hasn’t got the foggiest idea what he’s talking about. 🙄

benji
    Free Member

Full moon, reasonably warm, and they know winter is coming, so time to gorge themselves whilst there is plenty of food in time for the hard times that are coming, and I don’t mean badgers are earning 60k+ 😆

CaptJon
    Free Member

Harvest.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I really hope that remark was supposed to have on the end of it, otherwise you’re obviously a complete townie cock who hasn’t got the foggiest idea what he’s talking about.

You really hope ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

CountZero

I truly hope it was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, because I really can’t believe anyone could seriously suggest rural car use should be banned.
    Nobody with an ounce of common sense would think that was in any way feasible.
    If, however, you genuinely meant it, then you’re completely out of your tiny mind.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Seems reasonable to me, after all horse is the obvious mode of transport in rural areas.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Nobody with an ounce of common sense would think that was in any way feasible.
    If, however, you genuinely meant it, then you’re completely out of your tiny mind.

What appears to have escaped your rather expansive, rural mind is my deliberate cynisism towards the purported reasons for the hunting act 2004, were cruelty is cited as one of the reasons for the banning of hunting with dogs, in my opinion an animal receiving fatal wounds inflicted by a motor vehicle whether accidentally or intentionally could be classed as cruelty, in many cases the poor animal will needlessly suffer in what may be a long and painfull death at the side of a road.

I do apologise if I have upset you to the extent that you feel you can justify insulting me.

Regards

Townie Cock

Scapegoat

Good grief. Mods, can we have an irony emoticon please? This is just daft.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Whats with road kill levels at the mo??’ is closed to new replies.