Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 365 total)
  • What’s this new On One Project? (Brant Brant Brant!)
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Some cracking stuff on this pinkbike thread https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=211801&pagenum=127

A story posted yesterday by a new member from Margate:

The story of two little pigs – a modern day bike fable.

Once upon a time there was a far-away place called Bikeland.

In Bikeland there was many evil barons who over charged the normal folk far too much money for bikes and bike products and they grew richer and fatter by the day.

So, one day two little piggy’s with very little business acumen but a lot of tattoos decided they would make a bicycle company and right all the wrongs being done by the evil rulers.

The piggy’s went into the town square and shouted loudly to anyone that would listen about how they would make the best bicycles in the world and that they would change the towns folks lives by being honest and true, and not like the evil barons and chieftains.

The powerful rulers of Bikeland did not like at all, so they decided to destroy the two-little pigs.

They summoned up a powerful wizard to destroy the pigs. The Wizard put a spell on the pigs and let them believe that the wizard was their friend and would offer the pigs sound business advice and introduce them to a blacksmith who would make the piggy’s bikes.

The piggy’s clapped their little trotters with glee as now someone was taking them seriously and they would finally have a way to make their bikes, but by now the pigs had started to grow fat themselves by feasting on their own hyperbole porridge and suckling on their own half-truths.

The piggy’s placed an order with the blacksmith without any need for a deposit as the Wizard had given his word to the blacksmith that the pigs were very honest! And thus, the pigs started selling their bikes to the towns folk before they were finished or shipped.

But the wizard’s plan was to never let the piggy’s get their greedy little trotters on those bikes, so the piggy’s waited and waited and waited, and whilst the piggy’s waited and waited for the bikes to arrive the town’s folk grew angrier.

Finally, the towns folk who had paid their hard-earned gold coins, grew angrier and angrier until eventually, they formed an angry mob and blew the piggy’s house down and ate the two-fat little piggy’s all up.

Meanwhile the Wizard acted as a broker and the blacksmith sold them to a Baron for a very cheap price, who in turn sold them a second time to the towns folk and made an even greater profit than the poor stupid little pigs could ever have imagined.

The end.

Funnily enough people think this may have been posted by Jordan. Such distrust…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Infact if you put a 650bx2.8 tyre in there the xl is a gnats chuff off a large zero29 with a 29×2.3/2.4

Brant, Im guessing the tiktik is closer to a trail bike whereas the Hello Dave looks more like a DH hardtail with those chainstays?

stwhannah

Who gets to be the wolf?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Wulf surely?

brant
    Free Member

Hello Dave is going to be Matt Black now 🙂

brant
    Free Member

Brant, Im guessing the tiktik is closer to a trail bike whereas the Hello Dave looks more like a DH hardtail with those chainstays?

Yeah.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Hello Dave is going to be Matt Black now

With a gold chain and rings presumably?

brant
    Free Member

I flipping love being accused of being a wizard. Wish I was that smart. Lol.

andy4d

Pictures or it never happened…..need a pic of brant in a wizards hat and white beard

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Mixed metaphor.

Angles slacker than a wizards sleeve.

Would a normal 29×2.4 tyre fit in the back of the 650b? Much as I like the bonkersness of the 29er i think an xl 650b looks more useable round here.

brant
    Free Member

Would a normal 29×2.4 tyre fit in the back of the 650b? Much as I like the bonkersness of the 29er i think an xl 650b looks more useable round here.

Just confirming that. Certainly think so.

transition1
    Free Member

So could you potentially run the 650b as a mullet bike as the angles not as crazy as Hello Dave with 140mm 29er fork?

brant
    Free Member

So could you potentially run the 650b as a mullet bike as the angles not as crazy as Hello Dave with 140mm 29er fork?

Sure. I reckon it’ll go to 3.0 and maybe 2.4 29er. But need cad checking.

vincienup
    Free Member

So, have I missed something or are these not yet live?

That ‘two little pigs’ story is just plain weird though, especially if that’s actually Jordan and actually how he feels the story of Sick! went…

brant
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s Jordan. Just a Jorfan.

And even Jordan isn’t a Jorfan right now from what I’ve seen.

It was fascinating the way the media embraced them.

We (Planet X Ltd) are following proper process and placing purchase order with my mate Calvin for the frames. Then Weil have on order/preorder with the obligations that entails in law and we have followed for the last 25yrs or so.

guandax
    Free Member

It’s it true that the frames are 148 but will take 142?

brant
    Free Member

It’s it true that the frames are 148 but will take 142?

I think I read that on the sick site about their other frames.

I’m sure they would if you forced things but flexing dropouts even only 3mm a side usually means issues with sliding axles through easily.

Not recommended.

brant
    Free Member

So, have I missed something or are these not yet live?

Now live
    https://www.planetx.co.uk/s?q=TikTik

kazafaza
    Free Member

Hello Dave, will you come with the singlespeed dropouts?

chiefgrooveguru

“Now live
    https://www.planetx.co.uk/s?q=TikTik”

Hello Dave is down as available in med, large, XL but the size chart is for small, med, large. They look sick!

brant
    Free Member

Hello Dave, will you come with the singlespeed dropouts?

No

brant
    Free Member

Hello Dave will be sold out in next hour or less.

dogbone

On One are pleased to finally bring to the market the two most extreme chromoly hardtails ever made. And we dont say that lightly. Hand welded for us in Taiwan and overseen by one of our oldest suppliers, these are unequalled frames for the rider that wants the ultimate hardtail.

mmm. That’s not strictly true is it?

wwaswas

“Hello Dave will be sold out in next hour or less.”

Just a shame that Sick weren’t able to deliver – there was clearly a strong demand for frames of this type at the price o-o are selling them for.

honourablegeorge

wwaswas

Just a shame that Sick weren’t able to deliver – there was clearly a strong demand for frames of this type at the price o-o are selling them for.

I don’t think Sick were “selling” these at On-One prices, they were closer to £500/600 I think

big_n_daft
    Free Member

gone for a TiKTik, but will run it as a 29er

Hello Dave out of stock

which low stack headset for it???

bikefritzel
    Free Member

@Brant: I’d love to see Singlespeed Dropouts. If there are enough requests – would you think about it?

Could anybody tell me already which kind of headset I will need for the Hello Dave?

thv3
    Free Member

Missed out, bloomin work ☹️

guandax
    Free Member

Looks like they’re available again. I think they got marked as out of stock whilst they corrected the sizing issue.

darrenspink
    Free Member

What’s the warranty on these please? And will they be stealth or big white on one decals everywhere?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I was hoping for a massive OTT “Gnarpoon” set of logo’s that are lacquered over so you can’t hide them easily. Ideally in luminous green

Hello Dave still available

thv3
    Free Member

No sizes for the Hello Dave listed, just generically available, assume its an error?

Edit- now dissapeared completely

guandax
    Free Member

I think they’ve put it back on hold whilst they unwind the sizing issue they have – they’ve emailed me to clarify.

brant
    Free Member

It’s sold out.
    We’ve just ordered some more.
    I’m off to bed as it’s 11pm and I’ve got to catch a bullet train to a helmet factory at 6am.

thv3
    Free Member

We’ve just ordered some more

Good news 👍

tomhoward

Maybe it’s Tim and Jordan buying up all the frames to rebrand as Sick and sell at the original prices 😂

hardtailonly

Maybe it’s Tim and Jordan buying up all the frames to rebrand as Sick and sell at the original prices

Bah! Edit fail.

Did they ever sell any to any real customers, was the point I was trying to pithily make with clever strikethroughs etc …

guandax
    Free Member

@brant have you ridden the frames yet? What are they like?

andy5390

Did they ever sell any to any real customers, was the point I was trying to pithily make with clever strikethroughs etc …

Someone was selling this on FB recently, a Sick Shrike apparently

srm87
    Free Member

Can any of you gurus provide some advice as I’ve ordered the Hello Dave and was looking to pair it up with the lyrik ultimate 150mm 51 offset. Would this be a suitable fork or are there any better suggestions?
    On one reccomend a 140 / 150 fork…

Cheers!!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 365 total)

The topic ‘What’s this new On One Project? (Brant Brant Brant!)’ is closed to new replies.