Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What's this dangling under my car? (MK5 Golf Content)
  • beamers

Any one have any ideas what this might be:

It looks like some sort of small radiator with pipes running up into the car from the suspended end (towards the rear of the car). There doesn’t seem to be any way of securing the end which has dropped down (the front) back onto the car, apart from sliding it forward a bit. I don’t think it will stay put for long by doing that.

This mystery object is under the drivers side, pretty much directly under the drivers seat.

Ta in advance.

woody2000

Fuel cooler?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Fuel cooler. There’s a couple of threads on VW forums about them hanging down.

beamers

Cheers all.

kimbers

mrsfry
    Free Member

I thought it meant, the cars a ‘boy’

globalti
    Free Member

While we’re on Volkswagens and their underneaths, does anybody know the position of the air intake on a Passat B8 Tdi? My buddy drowned his B5 in a shallow flood once.

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

UK driver’s side, next to the headlamp, any higher and it would be a snorkel.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

My old Seat Altea did that whilst I was camping at Glentress afew years back. I managed to get all the way home and then secured it from the Drivers seat footwell. I remember having to go through the carpet to sort it.

DickBarton

Is it not the Defect Device thing trying to hide itself???

csb

Gremlin escape ramp

drlex
    Free Member

“Get the wheels in line!”

unovolo
    Free Member

Boarding ramp for the Millennium Falcon innit.

nairnster
    Free Member

Giant scalextric?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What's this dangling under my car? (MK5 Golf Content)’ is closed to new replies.