Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What's the XC front race tyre du jour currently?
  • Kryton57

Need a new front confidence boosting all conditions 3 season tyre, tubeless 2.25. Seems to be not many Rocket Ron snakeskin about in that size. Whats on the list these days?

Barzo?
    Bonty XR2/3?
    Ardent Race?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Ardent?

sweaman2
    Free Member

Ardent would be my choice.

mattbee

Vittoria Mezcal.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Barzo, XR2
    X-king is nice but might be a bit narrow until the new ones hit the shelves.

Edit: The new maxxis forekaster might be worth a look

windyg
    Free Member

Thunderburt 🙂

matt_outandabout

Mrs_oab has XR3’s most of the year. I wasn’t convinced, but they do seem to work well. Clearly lacking grip in properly winter/slippery conditions, but her bike feels like it’s on Velcro when I put the winter Butchers on…

epo-aholic
    Free Member

I like the barzo but the peyote works for me too

Kryton57

I looked at the XR3, and liked the XR4 a few years back. I suit a rounded tyre also. Forkaster maybe a good shout, this is for the Marathon/Trail bike rather than the xc race bike.

Then if the Forkaster is good, how about a lighter blue addix Nobby Nic?

DrP

I’m running xr4 front.. Xr3 out back..
    That’s on a rigid SS mind.. Plenty grip..

DrP

mariner
    Free Member

X-king is nice but might be a bit narrow until the new ones hit the shelves.

Explain please.

fifeandy
    Free Member

@mariner
    A 2.2 x-king is currently only really a 2.1.
    At one of the bike shows last year conti announced their new tyre lineup,a part of which was standardising their casing sizes so the new 2.2 should actually be a 2.2 – hurrah!

padkinson
    Free Member

XR1 Team Issue are working pretty well for me so far, not the fastest but fairly predictable. For a bit more grip I’d go Ikon front.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What's the XC front race tyre du jour currently?’ is closed to new replies.