Whats the wyre riding like?

Home Forum Bike Forum Whats the wyre riding like?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Whats the wyre riding like?
  • Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

Quite a bit of rain yesterday afternoon but should be dry all morning so should be ok, bit gloopy in the usual places

poonprice

I rode Wyre last night in the rain. Its pretty good at the moment. There are still some very muddy tracks but if you know the Wyre quite well you’ll know where these are likely to be, apart from that alot of the trails were dusty dry with the odd muddy puddles.

For Example…

Jungle Run – OK
    Camber – OK
    Jedi – OK
    Caravan – OK
    Hog Run – OK

richietea

Thanks for the info lads just getting to know the wyre,Know where all the trails you listed are apart from the caravan so think i’m going to head down the wyre.

richietea

Off to the wyre forest or cannock this afternoon,Whats the wyre riding like at moment because if dry would perfer to ride there.

poonprice

Not sure if they’ve been cleared but Camber and Jedi had trees down still last week and you approach them pretty quick ๐Ÿ™‚ Also, think Caravan is know by a different name. But its basically a thin bit of single track that starts near the caravan park over by the button oak road and runs along the ridge that drops down to Dowles brook. Its a nice fun section so try find it.

nickhead

Was about to ask the same question myself… Thinking of heading over tomorrow – thanks for the updates

MrTall

Rode there Weds night and it was ace. The usual few muddy bits that take weeks to dry but 95% was dry and dusty so all good really.

Still quite a few branches around over trails (some natural, some not) but we cleared a few as we rode so if other people do likewise then it should all be pretty good soon.

z1ppy

tempted, might see if the guys want to ride there tomorrow.
    Oh and I’ll clear stuff as I go, if we all do that, it may frustrate the ‘stickmen’ into having a heart attack

richietea

Ended up going down the wyre fantastic ride mostly dry with odd puddle around.All trails clear off branches apart from Jedi which had a log placed across it so moved it.Get yourselves down there as soon as possible so glad I went instead of cannock didn’t see 1 person all afternoon.

Premier Icon cakefacesmallblock
    Subscriber

Raising dust, on Dog Kennel, during the hailstorm this afternoon was fun ๐Ÿ˜€

Premier Icon cakefacesmallblock
    Subscriber

Downed tree on Camber magically removed. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Some flow restored.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Whats the wyre riding like?’ is closed to new replies.