Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • What's the worst thing you've ever had to drink? Medicines, beverages etc.
  • tomaso
    Free Member

After eating Labrunum seeds as a kid me and a mate went to hospital and were made to drink gallons of weak squash and then some special make-you-vomit coloured liquid that tasted foul and made you chuck up uncontrollably for hours. Thats pretty bad.

A white spirit called Palinka from eastern europe made from plums but tastes like ethanol mixed with pear drops flavouring has a similar effect to the above medicinal liquid if drunk in large enough quantities.

Magic mushroom tea with 1,700 little mushrooms in is a close third 😯

warton
    Free Member

cod liver oil, although the malted stuff was OK

hp_source

This: Brennivin… :gip:

molgrips
    Free Member

Accidentally drank a tiny drop of petrol once whilst siphoning from a tank (legitimately mind).

Words cannot describe that sensation. Took about a week to stop burping little petrolly burps too.

Oh wait – EVEN WORSE THAN PETROL – a friend of mine said to cure a sore throat get some raw onion and garlic chopped up, and put set honey on top of it in a jar. He reckoned the onion and garlic fumes would melt the honey (I know – wtf?) and if you scooped the honey from the top of the resulting pot you would not taste any onion and garlic.

HE WAS VERY WRONG!

I could not eat honey for years afterwards. Hard to understand how to otherwise yummy, non toxic, non-alcoholic and perfectly edible things could combine to bring me to my knees through nothing but taste.

Junkyard
    Free Member

raw eggs

TimP
    Free Member

Palinka is Hungarian, but granted is a bit “harsh”. I went to a few warehouse parties in Romania and we were never sure if we would get ?uic? which is single distilled plum brandy so was anywhere between 30-50% or Polinka which was double distilled and up to 70-odd. They were handed round in old unlabled plastic bottles so you had no idea until it was too late!

nobtwidler
    Free Member

I can’t believe no one has said Picolax yet! 😯

MrBlond
    Free Member

Gin with Martini Rosso is my (current) least favourite drink ever.

Lost weekend in Reykjavik on it – Brennivin is nectar by comparison.

Gunz
    Free Member

Nelsons Medicine during Crossing The Line Ceremony. Contents are a closely guarded secret but more than one dose usually gets preojectiled overboard.

clubber
    Free Member

PJM1974 – Member
    Tequila *voms*

That pretty well sums up my 21st birthday ‘celebrations’ unfortunately 😳

jon1973
    Free Member

Took about a week to stop burping little petrolly burps too.

Did you ever try to light them?

wrecker
    Free Member

Slivovitz made by the locals in Bosnia. The MO tested it and it contained human DNA 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

Did you ever try to light them?

Given that I smelled as if petrol fumes were oozing out of my pores.. no.. I didn’t.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Badgers Blandford Fly

really? Lovely stuff

Stroh 80

We used to party on that. Not a bad drop

Tequila

Cheap tequila can be pretty ropey but I’ve got quite a taste for the good stuff (actually, and the cheap stuff too as a marguerita). Patron is delicious

Now if you want a “challenging” drink you need to try Fernet Branca Unforgettable doesn’t really go far enough. I bought it by mistake, confusing it with Ramazotti which is similar in a lot of ways, and definitely from the same family of drinks, but delicious rather than disgusting.

BoardinBob

I bought some cough syrup from Poundland the other day. Grim stuff. 🙁

Clobber
    Free Member

PMSL at MostlyBalanced… I thought it said “Period”…..

retro83
    Free Member

xcgb – Member

Unicum – in Budapest
    even the name cannot hint at how awful it is

Tried that, thought it was alright, if a little bit hairspray-ish in the aftertaste.

My vote would go on Koffola which is the Slovakian version of coca cola.
    My memory of the taste is diet happy shopper cola + paracetomol + burnt hair. YUMM 😐

mattbee

When I was at 6th form I ‘won’ a £5 bet by drinkinjg half a bottle of Insignia Rio aftershave. I was very ill. Could taste it for days too. In fact, 19 years layer I think I can sort of taste it now I’ve brought up the subject…

mtb2020
    Free Member

Took some of the waters from Bath, the spa town. Guaranteed to make you ill, not well.

woody2000

I concur with simon_nic – Fernet Branca is absolutely foul. Though I think it does have some medicinal value – I was feeling very sick in my local boozer one night, the landlord gave me a shot of FB and about 30 minutes later I vomited (a lot), then immediately felt chipper 🙂

Could be a coincidence of course…..

16stonepig
    Free Member

I actually kind of like Brennivin, as long as it’s cold.

Worst thing was some godawful grappa that a uni friend brought back from Italy (the cheap stuff as that’s all we could afford). I remember drinking it by the half pint for little while, then not much else.

warton
    Free Member

Unicum – in Budapest

aah, memories of a mental stag do, crazy nightclub, strong drugs, more strong drugs by the Danube then walking into a bar at midday, pint and a shot of Unicum, repeat for 6 hours, and start all over again. Haven’t got a clue what it tasted like by the way…

Harry_the_Spider

I once went to a banquet in Taiwan to celebrate the placing of a big order (approx €50m). They like a drink out there and things got a bit silly. The worst was a spirit made from water melon. It smelt like puke, as did my puke when I got back to the hotel room.

Taipai – Honk Hong – Paris – Heathrow – Manchester with the mother of all hang overs. I wanted to die.

D0NK

Plant food and I don’t mean mephedrone
    Some local hooch resembling petrol given to us by greek bar owner at 7am an hour after landing in crete when we went looking for somewhere open.
    Some stuff Sheldon had at SSEC, polish I think, was pretty rank too

epicyclo

In my impecunious youth my brother and I had a still and made our own whisky. (Family tradition, g’gfather did time for it)

Results were usually ok, but one time we made a special batch.

I can still remember it burning as it went down and the 3 days in bed that followed. I shouldn’t have finished the bottle 🙂

We named it Glenvomit and kept the bottles for a few years to see if they would improve. They didn’t.

KT1973
    Free Member

Pi55….

Also tequila. Tastes worse than the pi55 actually

derek_starship
    Free Member

KY1973 – please elucidate on the former.

yunki
    Free Member

Marrow rum made by the local mayor.. the stuff that had been strained through the gusset of her tights was slightly easier to stomach.. If you’d met her you’d understand how surprising this was..

Thatchers traditional cider can be an unwise choice as your first pint of the morning.. it’s more than a bit treacherous if you’ve had a heavy session on it the night before..

I’ve also had some very scary and probably potentially lethal Poteen and Mescal..

The worst has to be that cheap vodka that you can buy in cornershops though..

D0NK

Oh yeah I may have involuntarily and unknowingly imbibed some micturation. Bleurgh thanks for bringing up that memory.

messiah
    Free Member

Whisky & gin are not a good combination… thank’s Lloyd Cole

jools182
    Free Member

Red Bull

It tastes like that stomach acid you get in your mouth after a violent puke

bikebouy
    Free Member

I did some travelling a while back, ended up Kerala in a remote village, anywhoo’s I was made some tea from what looked like very dry palm leaves.. Turned out it was hallucinogenic and I sat spinning and vomiting for 3 very long days.
    It was the only time I’ve taken anything remotely drug related, but they drank it like it was, well tea..

I felt very wrong indeed.

Pyro

Cypriot Zivania was pretty bad, Hamburg docks Aqvavit got ejected fairly swiftly, as does most Sambuca, but not much compares to the cocktail of cheapo Baileys-a-like, Buckfast Tonic and genuine Czech Absinthe I once imbibed, back in my less responsible youth.

The other half would probably tell you her worst was the night I made her a nice hot mug of Bovril. Some veggies have no sense of humour.

bigyinn
    Free Member

PJM1974 – Member
    And cinzano. At the tender age of sixteen I managed to get off with an otherwise unfeasibly hot girl at a party who’d been downing the stuff. The taste is still with me twenty one years later.

Of her or the Cinzano? 😆

Worst drink I’ve ever had? John Smiths bitter! Or some curry flavoured beer that tasted more like fairy liquid. Rank!

xcgb
    Free Member

Oh yes Hot cross bun flavoured beer from Morrissons dear god it was rank!

What were they thinking 😯

willard

I’m sensing a lot of tequila-based hate on here. it’s really not that bad if you choose decent stuff. I’ve found through extensive research* that only the cheap stuff tastes vile.

My worst tasting booze has to be either advocat or the dodgy Grenadan rum my mother brought back one year. Never tasted rum that tasted so terribly vile. Even seeing how it was made couldn’t make me like it. Lime could not improve it. Cocktails could not disguise it.

Still drank it.

*Germany ’94. Got to love Aldi.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The first I called “worm stuff.” It’s what our parents gave me as a kid when they suspected some intestinal wormage. I don’t recall the product name but it was a powder that came in satchets. The powder was disolved in tap water to produce a purple solution that had a uniquely vile taste and smell that filled your mouth, nose, ears and brain.

As soon as I read the thread title I thought of this stuff. Ooh it were vile alright. 😥

Inadvertently took a big swig from my can of lager at a party, only to discover that it was the identical can next to mine which had bin used to stick fag ends in. Nasty.

Did a similar thing with a cup containing some washing solution stuff my mum had bunged on the side of the sink, as a child. Was old enough to know not to drink stuff I din’t know what it was, but a moment of madness.

Nastiest stuff what people actually drink for enjoyment what I’ve tried has to be that Aquavit stuff. Proper, proper ‘orrible.

willard

But Aquavit is lovely! It’s got lots of herb tastes to it, like fennel and… fennel.

Next thing you’ll be saying that schnapps is vile stuff too.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

But Aquavit is lovely!

No it’s not. And neither are you if you actually like that vile muck. 😡

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh wait, wait, I know a good one

HMB, the food supplement. Try some, go on, I dare you.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘What's the worst thing you've ever had to drink? Medicines, beverages etc.’ is closed to new replies.