Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • What’s the worst thing you did (have done to you) … to a sibling, as kids?
  • sneakyg4

We used to live in a stone house in Northern Scotland, central heating had not yet reached that far north so the winters were freezing.

One day my older sister grew tired of me moaning about the cold and sat me in front of my mothers sun lamp. (Basically a small, shit, 80s UV tanning lamp.) she left me there for at least couple of hours, no protection, no goggles.

The next morning I was the colour of a strawberry and the day after that my skin started peeling off in sheets.

She completely got away with it, as she had finally raised the alarm with my dad, who had been outside repairing something.

chewkw
    Free Member

Urinated on my cousin brother as a kid as he was developing the sucking up behaviour with sweet talk.

Sucking up behaviour has never been encouraged by our grandparents and in our tradition. Anyone who attempt to suck up will get a good scolding off by their parents. i.e. my uncles and aunts etc.

Turned out my gut instinct was correct as he did not even take care of his parents when they were in the old age.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Loads of stuff

Bike related. My younger brothers chain came off his bmx. I was trying to put it back on but it was too tight. He was fiddling with the chain when I got annoyed and booted the pedal. It spun around and jammed his index finger between chainring and chain. It was too tight to wind back so an adult had to undo the bolts. His finger was about 2mm thick at the knuckle by the time he was freed. Went to hospital, X-ray, clean, few weeks later as if it never happened.

Same brother was playing speed golf with me. Basically we invented a game where you smacked the golf ball as quick and as often as you like and you ran to the designated end point. The same brother as above ran past me so I jokingly tried to ‘hook’ him with golf club. Unfortunately it hooked his cheek and went straight through it. He turned covered in blood. He still has a rather quirky dimple on his cheek.

Older brother got it next. We were living together as my parents left us alone at 16 & 18yrs old. He was doing my nut in playing cards, smoking and drinking with his mates whilst I was revising for exams. In the end I snapped. I rushed him, landed a few then pushed him. His head actually went through the wall of a Barrett’s 1975 style plasterboard wall.

3 brothers regularly had muckie fights. Basically balls of dry mud from people gardens throw at the head. My older brother mistook a muckie for a stone and caught me straight between the eyes. Split head and having to explain to mum that I had tripped over while she put me back together. She could sort most things with antiseptic talk and butterfly strips.

Me and my older brother were handed a hurly stick each and a ball. Some Irish invention I think. That ended in hospital and stitches to my brothers forehead (total accident)

I have loads more stories, lots of little scars on each of us.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stormtrooper
    Free Member

The building site story reminded me of when we moved to our new house back in the early eighties which was one of the first houses to be finished on the estate, resulting in lots of opportunity to explore the building site and other houses in various states of completion. One weekend me and my younger sister came across an oil drum half full of rusty rain water and god knows what. I said something along the lines of ‘look whats in there!’ and when she leant over to have a look I tipped her in head first. She got her own back shortly afterwards when she pushed me out of tree we were both climbing, resulting in a trip to A&E and stitches to my head. Those were the days!

boxelder

My brother shot me with an air rifle on the back of my legs while I was innocently kicking a football against the wall. Ha ha…..
    I got my little sister to stand in front of a large, wet cow pat and then lobbed a large, heavy slate into it. It worked perfectly, but she didn’t see the funny side.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Not me but an ex-girlfriend, as kids she convinced her younger sister that if you bruised yourself you could squeeze the pain out.

Thats inspired.

I’m going to try it on my nephews.

I waved a cricket bat at my big sister she had the threat coming. Back fired when she started shouting i’d hit her over the head with it and my gran came round the corner to find my holding it looking a bit surprised!

SaxonRider

My parents were out, and myself, my two brothers, and a cousin were left at home.

My younger brother was kicking off about something, and threatened us with his bow and arrow (a small, learner set that could have done some damage). In response, we tied him to the downstairs railing to “calm him down”, while pouring cold water on his head.

Oh what fun we had! Psychos.

SaxonRider

Oh yeah. The same brother was chasing me down the hall to my room. I got there first and slammed my door closed. Only his finger was in it.

A trip to the hospital for him with my mum holding the end of the finger in place, taught me just how big an idiot I could be.

stevextc
    Free Member

^^^
    ah the 70s, when you could make you own gunpowder (salpitre from the butchers) and explode the heads of younger siblings.

Yeah or the gardening shop … where you could also get potassium chlorate

funkmasterp

My parents let my brother and his friends babysit me. They let me go to bed at the normal time and were also very nice to me. I should’ve known something was awry at this stage.

I woke up later unable to breathe with one of my brothers friends pinning me down. They proceeded to roll me up in my mattress, carried me downstairs and in to the garden. They then hung me up inside the mattress and proceeded to use it as a punching bag.

On a separate occasion I broke a light fitting whilst performing a trick with a yo-yo. My brother asked me to show him exactly where the fitting was broken. Like a fool I fell for this and placed my finger on the damaged part. At this point he turned the light-switch on electrocuting me.

There’s more, I could literally fill a book with this shit. I thought it was entirely normal. I’ve since learned this might not be the case. I had revenge plenty of times too. Basically it was like being in Jack Ass years before it existed. The phrase “Tell mum and your dead” is a staple from my childhood.

nick1962
    Free Member

Yeah, lost my brother in 1971.During the holidays my mum made me take my 5 year old brother, who was 4 years younger, along with me and my older pals when we were playing out.We took him to the woods played hide and seek and all ran off while he was counting to one hundred.
    TBF after the initial grief had passed I enjoyed having the bedroom all to myself until I left home.

mechanicaldope

WTF? 😲 🤯 😲

mattyfez

We used to play a game called ‘meth ball’
    It involved soaking cotton balls in meths or any other flammable liquid we could find, and kicking or throwing them at each other.

Also, a game called shoot the target. One had a .22 air rifle, the other had a small wooden board to deflect the pellets.

How we didn’t blind each other or get bad burns.. I’ll never know.

mattyfez

Also.. Wtf nick?? Sounds almost like a movie plot..

nick1962
    Free Member

🙂 Sorry.The police found him several hours later and brought him home alive and well.

augustuswindsock

My torture was more psychological, when I was about 7/8/9 my two older sisters would tell me how the devil was coming for me and I wouldn’t be able to escape, even in death ( this was not long after the exorcist came out) I was a giberring wreck, wouldn’t sleep in my room etc.
    One day in school my teacher asked what superstitions we knew, I piped up ‘if you look into the mirror too long you’ll see the devil!’
    The teacher’s jaw dropped, she looked at me aghast and quickly changed the topic!
    I’d love to have heard what she’d said in the staff room afterwards!
    Anyway, better go, got a black mass to attend😳

slowoldman

Big sisters eh? Mine was riding my bike and demanded I get on the handlebars.
    “But I don’t want…”.
    “Get on the handlebars”.
    “Er OK”.
    She then barrelled into the garden wall and I hurtled through the privet hedge with the arse of my trousers attached to the lamp bracket.

Mum wasn’t impressed.

FB-ATB

For a boy, big sisters are the worse- they pick on you and you can’t retaliate cos they’re girls. And they can’t thump the class bully that’s picking on you like an older brother can.

jag61

alledgedly (force)fed younger brother grass clippings while mate held him down. It was one of those scruffy patches of grass mown by the council every 2 weeks after locals had emptied there dogs
    He hasnt forgotten it!! prob about 45 yr ago now got to let them know whose boss right?

gave older cousin an old bike tyre to use as hula hoop …it was full of ants genuinly not deliberate that one painting her with green gloss was a bit more deliberate oh how we laughed:))

TiRed

Youngest sister hit me over the back of my half with a cricket bat when I would give her the ball. She was too young to know, but I staggered into the house and passed out.

Other sister had to suffer 47 years of being my Irish twin. As the sister of the school ginger geek, that was pain enough.

felixm
    Free Member

My younger sister annoyed me one day and when I saw her ride past me on her bike later that day I lobbed a stick at her. It landed perfectly between the spokes and jammed in behind the fork causing her to fly over the handlebars. I can still see it happen now, it seemed to happen in slow motion. She ran off to my dad and I was mortified.
    Luckily my dad was busy in his workshop with big ear protectors on sawing some wood and just waved her away. This upset my sister even more. I was delighted.

I also taped her favourite doll upside down to her wardrobe. She was horrified when I told her the devil did it.
    Mum was not impressed.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

This thread reminds me of the time we were staying in a holiday home one summer.

We found a croquet set in the garden shed and were messing about with it one hot, sunny afternoon. My dad was lying on his back on the grass and my brother was doing a ‘pretend’ swing of the croquet mallet at my dad’s unmentionables – a sort of slow-mo over-the-head swing, stopping just short of actually hitting him. Anyway, he decided to up his game and speed it up a bit, but somehow messed up the forces/timing and instead did a full-force over-the-head swing of a croquet mallet into my dad’s nads.

I still wince when I think about it now, the pain must have been horrific.

theotherjonv

Not so much what i did to my sister, but what she did to Mr Bennett the builder.

It was the hot summer of 77, Elvis had just died, and we were having an extension built. And when the house is in turmoil, all you need is for an Aunt and two cousins (both boys) to leave an abusive husband and move 300 miles from Newcastle to live with us. We kids were OK, we lived in tents in the garden, my Aunt was absent on valium, and my Mum held it all together including PM’ing a building site as well.

As kids we were feral – me and my oldest cousin were 7, the younger ones including my sister were 3. And what better thing to occupy us than spud guns (it was the 70’s, if you weren’t tooled up you weren’t a proper kid)

These rarely actually shot any spud out despite making a good sound from those rolls of paper caps. Occasionally they did though, as was the case on this day when my sister shot Mr Bennett on his bare back from close range. He lost it big time, and was going to kill one of us, until he saw a barely three year old, sopping wet nappy down to her knees holding the gun….but she looked terrified anyway.

A bit like the firing squad where one man has a blank so you never really know……we’re still not sure if it was me or her that actually shot him.

muddyground
    Free Member

I’m not going into the bad things done. But some sort of thread context for our younger readers may help….

Born in the 60’s, by the start of the next decade we were utterly feral. Moms would generally be at home all day, doing whatever (or whoever – always a strange uncle around!) they did. They did not want us in, so at 9am during school holidays we were pushed out the door, not to return for a good 8 hours. I can remember being in a gang at 3 years old, and by 5 years old knew all the rough ground, abandoned buildings or climb spots within a mile radius. There were hardly any cars about, so the streets were the playground. It was neither good or bad – it just was what everyone did back then.

Growing up we were generally unsupervised to a degree most would find alarming now.

unovolo
    Free Member

Youngest of 3 brothers(2 and 4yrs older than me), they used to use me as step to jump onto the sofa when I was a baby.

Then when I was a bit older we used to have a Calor Gas heater on the landing, so after sharing a bath we used to stand by it to dry off, regular had burns on my bum cheeks or hip by being pushed into it (the vents at the top where the perfect height for this).

In our teens they shot me in the arse from about 1m away with a pellet gun.

Remember gardening with my older brother when we were very little, he had the trowel and I had a hand fork he kept mithering for it so I hit him over the head with it, he had to go to hospital and have stitches (serves him right for the above though).

No snowflakes when we were growing up.

thegoodbyegirl
    Free Member

Hmm lets see

Shot with a pretend arrow, a rusty nail on a stick, still have scar, missed my eye by inches, mum was furious!
    Pulled off my scooter, gouged my knee still have scar.
    Stole my brothers grifter was pulled off and hit my hip, now have no feeling to my right thigh.

Done to myself, mum didnt want me playing with the boys so was confined to our back garden where we had a swing, so I stood on the swing seat but instead of putting my hands above my head on the chain I put them down by my sides and tipped forward, I fell to the ground and the swing seat flow around and hit me on the head, causing a vast amount of bleeding coz head wound, however, it was bank holiday so had to get neighbour to bring us to hospital as we only had the one car and dad was working, also white blond hair and blood is awesome looking, still have scar as I had a cyst removed and they questioned me on it.

I should point out its only my brother and I and I’m older by 2 years. I also grew up in the 70s in Northern Ireland so quite frankly I’m amazed I’m still alive.

derek_starship
    Free Member

My mate said “I’ll give you ten. One, two, three…” His Diana SP50 was pointing at ME. I turned and ran. “TEN.” A .177 Marksman pellet whacked into my back just below my left kidney. Christ it stung like a bastard. Within a couple of hours I had a massive bruise around the point of impact. Not easy to hide from your parents when you’re ten years old.

Alex

Bloody hell you or your siblings are all monsters!

My elder brother persuaded me to flood the bathroom. Because I’m stupid, I didn’t catch on because the next year he convinced me to set fire to the lounge carpet 🙂

We had a coal cellar in the house I was born in. Guess which of the three brothers got locked in there in the dark when parents weren’t around. Uh hun, me the youngest one.

My own kids have form as well. Elder one punted the younger one off a slide ending in a broken arm. Claimed innocence but I saw a hint of my older brother in his eye 🙂

orangespyderman

I grew up in the countryside and one thing that still makes me laugh today is the time I managed to flick a nice round fresh bit of horse poo into my sister’s mouth with a bamboo cane I’d stolen from the garden shed. It was perfect and made me cry with laughter. It just made her cry.

oomidamon

I knew a set of twin boys who were always fighting and generally hateing each other. Years later one confessed to regularly putting the licorice from the Sherbert Dip up his bum before giving it to his brother.

curzon
    Free Member

Snap. I spent an enjoyable summer saturday morning watching my dad paint the garage door blue. He went off for a fag or brew leaving the paint and brush out. My new baby sister was lying on the lawn in a travel cot a short distance away and I thought it would be great idea to to paint her face blue.

Lots of memories of long hot school summer holidays when we were pretty much left to out own devices to provide our own entertainment. On a variation of the knife / dart games, my parents in their wisdom had given me a .177 air pistol for my 9th birthday. This fired both .177 lead pellets and coloured feathered darts. I got my brother to stand half naked against the welsh dresser whilst I fired darts at him with the aim of just missing him, like in the circus knife throwing acts. Foolishly he agreed, trusting my marksmanship. With my first shot I was aiming just above his shoulder, but fired a dart square into his shoulder blade.

on another occasion. We were lucky to have a few large mature trees in our garden which we both enjoyed climbing. A particular favorite was a grand old beech tree which had a sturdy over hanging limb about 15 – 20 feet of the ground. My brother climbed up with a rope, with the idea that I would gently lower him to the ground with the rope. As I took his weight on the rope, i couldn’t hold it and the rope started slipping burning my hands, so i let go.

tthew

Not my brother but MY DAD broke my collar bone when I was young. He thought it would be a good wheeze to jump on one end of our makeshift see-saw with me stood on the other to shoot me up in the air a bit. Inevitable result happened inevitably.

curzon
    Free Member

That Diana SP50 was the exact same one I had. Oh, the memories! I’ve still got it somewhere. Im 52 now.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

On holiday in France in a static caravan, me and younger brother were sneaking out to explore one evening.  We were escaping through one of the windows, I was out first but brother as he clambers out says “I’m stuck”, so being helpful and impatient (and not wanting to be caught by Mother) grabbed his legs and yanked.  Trouble was the window catch was stuck in his back.  The whole campsite heard his scream as the catch ripped up his back.

Also younger brother and I were on dish washing duties and he had once again got the cushty washing job leaving me to dry and put away.  Told him that the kettle needed cleaning so he’d better put some washing up liquid in it and boil it.  2 minutes later boiling hot foam is ejected all over the kitchen…..Mother runs in hearing the commotion at which point I dob him in.

davros

Perfume in the face and mallet in the nuts 🤣

olly2097
    Free Member

I used to resent my step brother. We get along fine now we are all grown up.

My dad worked away a lot and my step mum doted on him obviously, her only child.

He had his own special juice drink in litre cartons. Just for him.

Everytime a new carton was opened I would add a splash of pee into it.

Did this for about two years.

Sorry Al.

pocpoc
    Free Member

I could keep reading the thread as long as people keep contributing – it’s brilliant!
    Although I must have had a sheltered childhood. Can’t think of agro between me and my 2yrs older sister. Except when she (big Blur fan) pulled out all the tape of my What’s the Story Morning Glory cassette and denied all knowledge of it. She still denies is now, but I know she did it.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Nope no grief with my younger bro and late sis. I’m pretty sure they feel the same.
    I hate her daughters though and haven’t had any dealings with them since my mothers death.

georgesdad

We have a holiday home in a village called Shaldon, right on the mouth of the River Teign. Many years ago when I was five-and-a-bit, my brother was twoish. During a typical British summer, we were enjoying fish and chips on the beach in the freezing cold and pouring rain. Being the 80s we were both wearing those big one-piece puffer suits with hoods. Stood in the sand, right by the edge of the river with my little brother, for no specific reason I can remember, I casually tipped him into the water. Must have stood there eating chips for ten or fifteen seconds, watching him bob out to sea before my mum screamed and my dad came running down the beach and plunged into the river like David Hasselhoff in Baywatch. Every year, we go down there with our own kids and I get reminded of the time I pushed my brother into the sea 😂

tjagain

my big sis and I fought a lot as kids. I have a bit of pencil lead n the side of my nose where she stabbed me with a pencil but I got my own back – in the car she was beating a rhythm out on the seat between us – I put a pencil there point upwards.

I can also remember her pouring washing up liquid in my hair – washing up was always a flashpoint

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘What’s the worst thing you did (have done to you) … to a sibling, as kids?’ is closed to new replies.