Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What’s the worst gift you’ve bought this year?
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Ok the first of Solstice cheer is taking effect 🤣

Stuck for a xmas stocking gift for some (recently relocated) friends. Success! Today returned home triumphantly with an old Pathfinder map of Hay on Wye covering 2 inch or so to the mile, nice find. Mrs Rider looks at it and asks what’s that?

‘It’s a map for So-and-So’
    ‘Why would they want that?’
    ‘It covers Hay and where they live, look…’ (points at house on map)
    (Narrows eyes at me laughs uncertainly
    ‘But they already know where they live?’

I also went on a late afternoon panic buy for gifts and bought a rubber chicken keyring that if you squeeze it it prolapses and emits brown rubber poop but now have no idea who would appreciate it the most. 🤔

thepurist

I’ve just wrapped a couple of cartridge bearings for the headset on MrsPs bike.

takisawa2

I’ve just presented her with a sparkly clean oven. (Not a euphemism).
    I was going to wrap the oven cleaning kit but the old romantic I am, I thought she’d prefer it this way.

BoardinBob

Bought my Mrs an electric egg cooker😂

tthew

I bought some perfume for the boss. (THE boss, not my work boss) and thankfully my teenage daughter though to ask about it, and informed me she doesn’t like that one.

Her 18 years on this earth may have cost me a billion quid, but comes in handy sometimes.

CountZero

Never knowingly given a crap gift, this year is no different.

bigblackshed

A poker. I’m giving it to The Wife. Full Frankie Howard Euphemism implied.

winston
    Free Member

I’ve done the old map from a secondhand shop a few times and its always gone down well.

Bought a bluetooth headphone beanie for my mate’s son (age 19) hopefully he will think its a laugh….but you never know with teenagers

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Every year my sister buys people complete crap even though we buy thoughtful gifts

This year she gets a single cup tea pot……she doesn’t drink tea

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Probably something I find in desperation for a poor family member in that there London town on Monday…
    But it also reminds me to get something proper shit for my mate to balance the case of beers I sent to him for when I arrive on Saturday

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

My Mrs who is a senior account manager for a print company has been given a pair of large yellow socks with “Ahoy Sailor” written on them and a small LED torch as a Christmas gift. Makes her feel a valued part of the company!

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

I’ve bought my mother nothing, every year year in year out she says there’s nothing she wants but god forbid if you didn’t buy her something.

So this year I have bought her nothing, beautifully packaged, sealed and cost me £7 (for nothing!) but the smile it emits on my face to give that to her is priceless. However, as a devout coward I have also brought her a gift too 😉

James

richmars

Potato peeler. One of those old style ones. A request, not my idea.

jekkyl
    Drac

Some valued privacy Jekkyl?

RustySpanner

A gift voucher for a tattoo parlour.

Could go either way tbh….🙂

cubist
    Free Member

50p voucher for poundland

wallop

Bought my Mrs an electric egg cooker😂

I think I would divorce you 😂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What’s the worst gift you’ve bought this year?’ is closed to new replies.