Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • What's the worst crime to have happened close to your home…?
  • sandwicheater

Stabbing about 750m away the week we moved into the village followed by a shooting a month later.

Since then (8 years ago) nothing much has happened, phew!!

tomkerton
    Free Member

The farm in our village – farmer’s wife disappeared in 2007 and he went down for it. Came back in 2011 and showed the police where he dumped her. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-15898198

wrecker
    Free Member

Bloke I sort of know walked into a local pub one morning in his dressing gown and had a few pints.
    It was a bit weird and it transpired that he’d just nail gunned his wife to the floor.
    He didn’t kill her though.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

A rhea escaped from a poultry farm. Unable to find a child’s face, it pecked a parked car.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Vicki Hamilton abducted about half a mile from my old house, chilling thing is Peter Tobin must have passed by our house possibly with her to get to his house!

roper
    Free Member

We have execution square less than a minute away. This is where Franco’s troopers murdered all the men and boys from the village who were in resistant families.
    Thankfully logic and reason has persevered and it is now a nice and quiet place again.

edward2000
    Free Member

Somebody once stole the pansies from the garden of the local library in Oakham once and it made the front cover of the Rutland Times.

Not much happens in Rutland

IainFP
    Free Member

Mass shooting. Good friend was one of the survivors, shot about 400m from home. We had a short panic as we tried to locate the kids who were out playing at the time. It was a very black day 🙁

porlus
    Free Member

Double murder in the house on the edge of the village (strensall). Bloke on the run for killing two sister in the Selby area. Broke into the house and killed the owners. Really horrible.

aracer
    Free Member

No murders that I know of, but I suspect feeding LSD to mental patients would be considered fairly unacceptable nowadays.

SaxonRider

When I lived in St Kitts in the late 1990s, someone got necklaced on the next street over.

pjt201
    Free Member

@essellgruntfuttock – Bristol. Sounds like it may be going soon if Gove has his way (which is a double edged sword as they’re pretty good neighbours bur closing it will push up house prices and bring a rubbish high density housing estate next to my house)

dirtydog
    Free Member

Bloke on our street killed both parents with a hammer.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

10 Kgs of weed found dumped in our village and my bloody neighbour giving it up to the po po.

always knew he was a bellend. 🙄 😆

Basil

Chap upstairs killed himself with a Black & Decker drill.
    Wasn’t found for some days, so had to put up with lots of noise as they had to detach him from the floor

timber

Disgustingly pink house down the road, even visible through fog on a dark night.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Went fishing with a pal both aged 12 in 1981 at a local dam.

Later the body of a local 9 year old girl was found in the dam, we were both interviewed by police, and again 24 years later – in the investigation of Robert Black who was convicted.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/tragic-jennifer-cardys-final-few-hours-28674140.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-15479236

irc

Drugs gang having a car chase through the streets of Edinburgh ended up mowing down one of the people involved and crushing him with their car against the wall outside our flat. Dead.

I’ve had a conversation with one of the drugs gang. Nowhere near my house though.

There was a body dumped at a farm near me this year. Case still to go to trial.

konabunny
    Free Member

We moved fairly sharpish after that.

Isn’t Duddingston one of the nicer parts of Edinburgh? I don’t know it well but I used to go to Porty B a lot, and Duddingston always seemed pretty unremarkable.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Raoul Moat was rumoured to be hiding in the local woods in Hexham, we had half of Northumbria Police charging past our house. Turned out he wasn’t there. Made that night’s ride a bit more interesting though.

There was a random murder of an old lady a year or so back.

Before that, erm, apparently one of the local “gang” apparently shot himself in the foot (literally) whilst showing off.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

when i lived in chorlton, notorious (alleged) manchester gangster dessie noonan was found stabbed to death on the street not far from my flat.

prior to that, when i first moved to manchester i lived in rusholme, right on the moss side border, and the week we moved into our house there was a raid on the house 2 doors down in which they arrested 5 people (who were subsequently charged with about half a dozen gangland murders) and recovered 3 automatic weapons, 4 handguns and about 1000 rounds of ammunition.

yeager2004
    Free Member

In 666 there lives a Mr. Miller He’s our local vicar and a serial killer

edhornby

reference the ‘flat roof pub’ thread – was at salford uni, went to the relatively safe (student friendly as long as you weren’t a gobby idiot) pub next door to the student flats, everyone was ordered out of the pub whilst a bloke got his head kicked in the bogs…. 🙁

lemonysam
    Free Member

Where I am now there’s nothing much that I’m aware of. Although there was a body dumped in the woods on my commute a few months back.

I’m another one who lived within spitting distance of a 7/7 bomber though, my best mate was literally a couple of doors up – he got a hell of a shock when he got in from work with absolutely no idea anything had happened.

peterfile
    Free Member

I’ve just remembered an “incident” when walking back to a mate’s house in Manchester city centre at 3am a few years back.

We stumbled up (very drunk) a recently established crime scene at the entrance to a multi storey car park. The body had been covered but was in view and had two uniformed officers stood close to the body with their backs to us.

Before I knew it one of our group (scottish) had gone under the tape, walked up and put his arms around the shoulders of the two coppers and said ‘There’s been a murder” in his best Taggart voice.

He was promptly arrested and spent the night in jail.

bendertherobot
    Free Member
    arcadian
    Free Member

link

Was less than a hundred yards from my old flat. Drunk businessman on a work night out took a prostitute down an alleyway, her partner was waiting to rob him, ended up killing him. Bit grim as he had a wife and kids, so doubly crap to find out he was dead and why/how.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Old next door neighbour had a drinking problem, drove home one day, pulled into the wrong drive, and into their garden before trying to open their front door with her car key. This was in the middle of the day, we had to call police who told us they couldn’t breathilse her because the docs wanted her hospitalised for liver failure or something. They banned her and it was the start of her admitting she had a problem and a short-lived recovery, but sadly in her end she took her life by drinking herself to death.

Could be worse though, one of my mates heard a horrible fight outside his house and saw a man stabbed to death on his doorstep, because we’re sensitive souls we only refer to his street as ‘Murder Street’ now and give a quick fake shudder whenever he mentions his house ha ha.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

A middle-aged woman (squiffy on Prosecco) threw a mille-feuille on the ground outside Waitrose whilst shouting ‘You are NOT my keeper, you little sh*t!’ at her (seemingly perplexed) bichon frise. Tutting ensued.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Uncle Cleetus done, gone and marreeed a lady who aint not no kin to us. Momma say he dead to us now.

pictonroad

Well the gentleman charged with the road rage murder of Don Locke in Findon lives on my road, oddly enough the flats he lived in were the scene of a murder a few years ago. It’s actually a very nice quiet area. 😯

obelix
    Free Member

New family moved in a few doors down.

1st night in the house, broken into by a gang of natives. They killed the father outright (cut his throat), then isolated the mother in the bedroom. Went and fetched the children. Forced them to watch while they gang-raped her for a few hours.

Left without stealing anything.

Welcome to the neighbourhood.

Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘What's the worst crime to have happened close to your home…?’ is closed to new replies.