• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by wl.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Whats the weight of the new Orange Alpine frame In comparison to..
  • GaVgAs
    Free Member

the new (whispers) 650b Five? ..anyone know?

Rorschach
    Free Member

heavier?

banks
    Free Member

Faster but slower

wool

I’ll ask MB for you tomorrow Gavin. Any of the Tuesday night lot got one on order?

wl
    Free Member

GaV – IIRC I think the new Alpine frame is only around half a pound heavier than the 2013 26″ Five, if that’s any help. It’s a great all-rounder and a very good climber, given the type of bike it is. Perfect for Lakes epics with steep, techie descents.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Thanks wi, and wool, (went to see MB last week) Just contemplating a new bike, the new Alpine seems to be getting some great reviews,The Biketreks crew are saying lots are trying the five and really like the Alpine for its climbing/decsending ability, its kinda got me wondering what the difference in frame weight would be.

wl
    Free Member

No worries. There’s an Alpine review in Singletrack a few issues back. Plus, just to confuse things, a glowing review of the new 650b Five in this month’s Dirt. A few guys I know with new Alpines call them the ‘cheating’ bike – that’s how highly they rate them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Whats the weight of the new Orange Alpine frame In comparison to..’ is closed to new replies.