• This topic has 52 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by dove1.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • What’s the SDW like in this heat?
  • DrP

SO I think my thursday plan is a slightly shorter route… Train to Petersfield and ride to QECP… join the SDW there until Devills Dyke… nice cool pint in the Dyke, tehn roll down the hill to home..

Gonna stick 2 bottles on teh bike and one in the bumbag…

DrP

boardmanfs18

So rode the 57miles from Carshalton to just near Liss yesterday.

Pretty much 85% off road, Wet for the first two hours then dry after then.

North downs way was good and fast, apart from the deep sandy sections around Newlands corner and Guildford, then onto king Al’s way, Frensham common wasn’t too bad as the sand had compacted a bit, the devils punch bowl climb was a long slog!

Off onto the SDW today, fingers crossed it’s dried out after yesterday’s rain and we avoid any big thunderstorms!

susepic

Should be dry after yesterday’s rain, but those thunderstorms are tracking w to e along the coast and likely along the downs too. Depending on your speed and where you’ve got to, you may be lucky and be ahead of them or able to dodge them.

Good luck and enjoy!

susepic

And keep an eye out for the red arrows tomorrow…..
    https://t.co/t0znubu7bG

DrP

eek.. train strike tomorrow so anyyhing involving a train is out for me!

@boardmanfs18
    – what time will you head off from the hostel at Truleigh?

DrP

nedrapier

Off onto the SDW today, fingers crossed it’s dried out after yesterday’s rain and we avoid any big thunderstorms!

Erm, how are you getting on? Just been sheeting it down here (just south of D’s PB – my local hill that you enjoyed so much yesterday!) heaviest rain I’ve seen for years!

richardthird

Absolutely throwing it down the last hour or more at the Eastern end in Eastbourne

It’ll be lethal chalk under the rivers of shite that the hilly bridlepaths will now be

5lab

very wet around ditchling as well. should be a nice thin layer of liquid sheepsheet over the trail 😀

boardmanfs18

Was wet today but not too slidey apart from a moment in a rut, hopefully make Eastbourne for some top gun wannabee action.

boardmanfs18

Well, that was a great route and ride, almost all off road, so nice to not have to worry about cars etc.

Made a vid of it https://youtu.be/mAYTp2vxPLM

dove1

Nice video, @boardmanfs18.

I rode the SDW last August and some parts in your video are as clear as a bell in my memory but I have no recollection of other parts. Weird.

boardmanfs18

thanks @dove1 only rode the SDW from South Harting, before that it was the N.downs way and King Al’s.

dove1

Yes, it was the SDW section of the video I was referring to. Maybe the pain of some of the climbs has caused my mind to blot them out. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.