Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • What’s the point of mountain biking?
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Depends on the rules that you imagine preclude you? I guess. 😆

Cheezpleez

I was always into doing the techiest stuff I could and had no interest in non-technical riding or covering distance. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve always like the big outdoors but MTB was all about adrenaline for me until recently. In the past few years I’ve got into bikepacking and it’s really changed my perspective. I still love all that techy stuff but my goals (and trips away) are much more focused on exploring and endurance. While I’ve loved every uplifted Alps-type trip I’ve done, I have more detailed and amazing memories from bikepacking.

I just need to retire now so I have time to do all the riding.

chiefgrooveguru

“and bought my first proper hardtail. In an instant boom, I was back in love, oh wow, this is amazing!!”

This whole post is brilliant! Have fun! Often I enjoy the wet more than the dry, our local dirt is more predictable when wet, going sideways is fun and the consequences are less serious when you get it wrong… 😉

I’ve been having a crisis of confidence of late after a surprisingly nasty crash and one thing it’s taught me is that I just like getting out on the bike and pedalling somewhere in the countryside. It doesn’t always have to be turns and tech but they’re great too when I’m in the mood.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Fun.

jonostevens
    Free Member

First proper hardtail post is brill 🙂

I’m 37. I do lust after a T4, but I draw the line at anything above 130mm travel and the busyness of events like Ard Rock turn me off. I’d rather be out in the hills with a couple of mates or on my own, plotting my own route.

I love mountain biking for loads of different reasons: the buzz, the perspective placed on life when looking down from above, the changing of the seasons, the distance you can cover vs walking etc

But I guess the main reason is that I’m yet to find anything else that gives me that genuinely exciting tingly feeling in my stomach like I get the evening before a ride.

giantalkali
    Free Member

Fun.

Whether it’s messing about in a carpark or on some steps, caning it through the local woods or getting way out there where you’ve never been before, it’s all about having a laugh for me.

The fitness benefits are just a pleasant side effect.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘What’s the point of mountain biking?’ is closed to new replies.