Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • What's the point….
  • jimjam
    Free Member

…in trying to be a reasonably polite, half decent, somewhat law abiding member of society when the brass neck brigade just seem to batter on regardless, seemingly without any consequences?

Murray

eh?

perchypanther
    Free Member

U OK Hun?

scotroutes

U OK HUN?

TXT ME

0 seconds

But at least mine was the fuller response 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

Jinx!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Here’s a song for you OP.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-r-V0uK4u0[/video]

drlex
    Free Member

Too late for breakfast?

km79
    Free Member

Because if you don’t then who will?

vongassit
    Free Member

Rubber_Buccaneer

Someone take all the purple ones out of the communal quality street? Bastards

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Someone take all the purple ones out of the communal quality street? Bastards

I fancy cracking open some chocolate goodness but can’t decide which ones.

Heroes, celebrations, roses or quality street?

Choices choices.

Poopscoop

Rather sadly I had to Google what “brass neck” actually means.

I’m saying this as I have no personal dignity worth speaking of. 😀

jimjam
    Free Member

Alright you funny ****ers. I was going to elaborate in my OP but I stopped short of a full rant, assuming (incorrectly it seems) that I could sum up the rant content.

I’ve just had one of those days where most of it was spent biting my tongue. The same two women parking across the front of my daughters school (blocking the bus stop and a disabled bay), another considerate driver screaming up the right turn only lane at the round about, looping around the roundabout then trying to barge in front of me. Van driver doing the same on the return journey, then I go for a cycle to blow off some steam and find gypsies have dumped bin liners full of disposable nappies along the verge on one of my favourite scenic loops.

Pisses me off and makes me wonder how I can be a bigger asshole. Why not park where I want, speed with impunity, completely disregard the rules of the road and dump ****ing massive sacks of excrement in the hedges…jesus christ just typing that last part out.

chip
    Free Member

You think you got it bad,some **** ran over my cat.did not even stop. I only found out because he was bragging about it on some forum.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Cat karma innit.

jimjam
    Free Member

chip – Member

You think you got it bad,some **** ran over my cat.did not even stop. I only found out because he was bragging about it on some forum.

I knew the cat would make an appearance somehow 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Did it suffer?

jimjam
    Free Member

I think it might have been suicidal.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Try another road

Poopscoop

Ok, I missed the in joke…

Who has ran over a cat and posted about it on here?! 😀

jimjam
    Free Member

Two failed threads in a day. Someone delete my account.

Poopscoop

Oooowww… Just seen the cat thread you made!

Yeah, that was always going to bite your ass on here I guess. Lol

aracer
    Free Member

Serious answer? Because if everybody in the world was an arse, the world would be a seriously shit place, and if you’re a well adjusted person with a decent level of empathy, being a decent human being makes you feel better even if all around are being selfish. I can’t speak for everybody, but I certainly get a certain amount of satisfaction out of being nice to other people even when there is no direct reward.

As for other people’s behaviour, then if there isn’t anything you can do to change it then I’ve found the best thing to do is simply ignore such people as irrelevant (it’s only when somebody I otherwise respect does one of those things it causes me issues).

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Serious answer? Because if everybody in the world was an arse, the world would be a seriously shit place, and if you’re a well adjusted person with a decent level of empathy, being a decent human being makes you feel better even if all around are being selfish. I can’t speak for everybody, but I certainly get a certain amount of satisfaction out of being nice to other people even when there is no direct reward.

Poopscoop

Having now educated myself to what a brass neck is, can someone now tell me which is worse-er?

Brass neck, or rubber neck?

garage-dweller

I contemplate this daily.

I think the answer is the world could still genuinely be a worse place. So don’t contribute to making it that way.

And rule 1, don’t be a dick. 😀

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Rather sadly I had to Google what “brass neck” actually means.

I once bought a workmate a tin of Duraglit for his secret santa prezzy !

Rorschach
    Free Member

Is this about cats again?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

aracer – Member

…being a decent human being makes you feel better even if all around are being selfish

Yep nothing like being smug to make your day better. 😉

jimjam
    Free Member

aracer – Member

As for other people’s behaviour, then if there isn’t anything you can do to change it then I’ve found the best thing to do is simply ignore such people as irrelevant (it’s only when somebody I otherwise respect does one of those things it causes me issues).

Well thank you for taking the time to write a serios reply Aracer. I’m still seething about the shit in bags but the rest of it is obviously just daily nonsense. The problem there though is judging how and when to interfere, without becoming an archetypal busy body.

Take the women at the school. Speed up to the gates, and park across them while everyone else makes an effort to park along the road. Then they speed off. I feel as though a jovial person could tell them in a light hearted way to have some consideration for school buses, other people’s children and well, disabled people, but if I tried to it would probably come out like a murderous threat.

The obvious answer is to email the school or talk to the principle, which seems petty and underhand.

Drac

I knew the cat would make an appearance somehow

Cougar

Two failed threads in a day. Someone delete my account.

Done. HTH.

aracer
    Free Member

The British thing to do is to tut – volume level dependent on how passive aggressive you’re trying to be. If you want something done, then the correct answer is the latter, nothing underhand about it at all – not unless you’re expecting that approaching the women directly will have a positive outcome (therefore we can assume you’ve already done the direct approach even when you haven’t, outcome is the same). Though at best, based on previous threads on similar issues, you can expect brief enforcement and people stopping doing it for a week or so before returning to the same behaviour. Even at my local school which has far less of this sort of issue than most, we still have problems with parking in the parish hall car park (which isn’t supposed to be used for school drop offs) and I’ve seen people stop in the bus stop several times this week. I just do my best to ignore them, in the same way I’ve learned to mostly ignore pavement parking (which does fall foul of my last point – it’s so normalised that people I otherwise respect do it) – nothing I can do about it, the only effect being bothered has is on me.

Sorry for being a fun sponge, I though jimjam might appreciate somebody taking his issues seriously.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘What's the point….’ is closed to new replies.