• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by JoB.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • whats the point
  • roadracecrazy
    Free Member

Could someone please tell me what the point of timing chips are for sportives, when the whole idea is that the event “is not a race” Most people have some form of computer that at least gives distance and most have a watch. If its that important to know the time of the ride down to the nearest second, then obviously there is more leanings towards competitiveness than there is meant to be. Then of course there is those that get there early and are on turbo trainers before the rides, warming up no doubt before this friendly escapade. Yeh right. Then you pay to ride on public roads most are not even closed and to top it all are issued with a load of free stuff on occasion that if the organisers have done it righjt wont have cost them much anyway. 150 riders say at £15 a time you do the maths.

xiphon
    Free Member

No shouting – 3/10 rant score

scotroutes

Could someone please tell me what is the point of turning up to take part in a road race when you know you have absolutely no chance of winning? Perhaps you roadracecrazy?

Speshpaul

1, its one method of making sure everyone signs in when they have finished. Hand back chip – get deposit back.

2, it is a race.

miketually
    Free Member

Could someone please tell me what the point of timing chips are for sportives

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Could someone please tell me what the point of timing chips are for sportives

Pretty sure you know exactly what the point is, but anyway….

Cycling version of a fun run isnt it. Not really a race but most people will have a time, or someone they want to beat. Also a great opportunity to ride with loads of other people which usually doesnt happen too often.

asterix
    Free Member

if you don’t like em, don’t do em!

also dont whinge

JoB
    Free Member

it makes you feel better about spending £35 for a ride

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘whats the point’ is closed to new replies.