Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What's the official STW Riding Sunscreen this year?
  • Northwind

Used to always get banana boat but it went rubbish. I like a spray not a cream if poss, just prefer how it goes on, but main thing is long life/not getting sweated off. Any suggestions?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I always use P20, it marks white kit, but I don’t have any white kit, so meh.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jekkyl

growacet. burn then go brown.

Northwind

Ah har, cheers- that thread made me think of this but it hadn’t moved on to recommendations when I last looked

Andy-R

Riemann P20 when I’m in Greece – back on the Isle of Man sun’s a rare thing anyway.

theotherjonv

something waterproof….. look on the ingredient label for triacontanyl-PVP, VP-Eicosene and VP-hexadecene

and remember when you wipe your face with a snot rag that you are wiping the suncream off again.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

growacet. burn then go Brown

LOL skin cancer!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Dunno about “official” but because I’m in the water I just use this stuff for riding too.
    Not a spray, you have to get right slimy and sticky with it as part of the initiation process, but its really good stuff.. small dab on the back of the neck, small smear on the forearms and knee caps and thats about it. Then wash your hands otherwise gripping the bars becomes comical.

owenh

Another vote for Prosport here. Started using it for windsurfing and now also for all sports as its waterproof, sweatproof and lasts 8 hours (lasted even longer during a couple of long distance triathlons).
    I prefer a cream to the liquids as less danger of missing bits.
    You might now struggle to find it under the Prosport name, now being sold under the SolRX brand. http://www.solrx.co.uk/

TiRed

Ambre Solaire factor 50 spray. No rubbing in. Used P20 but didn’t like the staining. I don’t tan (MC1R homozygote)

fifeandy
    Free Member

jimmy

Boots do a “roll-on” stick, like a deodorant. I like it because it’s zero mess. Oh, and seems to work.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Riemann P20 here.

The way I sweat gives it a good test and I haven’t burned since using it.

I haven’t noticed any staining to be honest.

simon_g

P20 on arms/legs.

Some kids one (I think Boots own brand usually) on my face, because P20 stings my eyes if I’m sweating enough for it to run into them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What's the official STW Riding Sunscreen this year?’ is closed to new replies.