Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • Whats the nicest car youv’e ever owned and do you regret selling it?
  • shoefiti
    Free Member

Never owned one, as they were only in left hand drive – but one day i will – one day………….

toxicsoks
    Free Member

OK, not the nicest but it is remembered fondly. With the back seats down you could get a full drum kit, 4 guitar flight cases, a HH 100w bass top, 2 x 15″ Bass cab, 2 x Fender Twin Reverbs and all the ancillary gubbins in the damn thing. The gear box is best described as a sprung mattress, filled with custard, into which was rammed a yard-brush handle.
    The punk wars. Ah, happy days. 🙂

Keando

🙁

DrJ

Not the sexiest car ever, but I miss our Picasso – chuck bags, bikes, family, whatever, in the back, set off for a trip somewhere.

Also – was great driving in France with my 10-year old daughter in the passenger seat – weird looks we got – “is she really driving?”

Here it is getting its new plates: (that ain’t me, I hasten to add!!)

Joxster
    Free Member

Saab" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

Here’s mine, the BananaSaab 😀

hora
    Free Member

Not mine but same spec etc. The lady that bought it visits her daughter on my road 3 times a week so I get to wave/talk and most importantly see what I let go 🙁

jimster
    Free Member

Another Maxi owner here too – they were workhorses.

Hate to admit this but – one of these –

Because you could fit a bike in the boot and all the camping equipment on the back seats.

One of these –

As it was like sh*te of the proverbial shovel.

Loved my old 205 Diesel, only sold because it started getting expensive to repair every few months.

But I’ve always wanted one of these –

flying_spar
    Free Member

My 1987 Renault 5 turbo, in stealth black. Very light, very fast and perfect for a young hot headed idiot to fly around the country lanes. I had it for almost 2 years and managed not to back it into a hedge (just)

Became uninsurable in Mid ’90s due to thefts of simelar car types 🙁
    Tried to find a good one a few years later – but every one I found was junk/crashed/blown/stolen/broken.

Del

4.0 V8, sorted handling.
    did >40k miles commuting and a couple of track days.
    **** knows how much it cost me, but i pay a mortgage now, and i have significantly more money in my pocket than i did then!
    great car, but it had to go, and i don’t regret it. i just wasn’t using it in the end.

jimster
    Free Member

Love that TVR, but nowhere to put bike/surfboard etc etc 😥

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Would be a toss up between the 993 and my MK II Golf GTI 16V (big bumper) but in the end, this is just poetry

cymohndee
    Free Member

Had a Caterham Super Seven 1400 SuperSport for 4yrs.I loved it. Not enough power to get you into really serious trouble (still 200bhp per ton) but such a hoot to drive. 7400RPM, Six speed close ratio box faster than Sram-XO! You could place the car in a bend by half an inch. It made every other car I drove seem broken. Never managed to get a bike rack on it tho. Miss it like mad.

chipps

I used to have one of these… 1959 Cadillac Sedan DeVille.
    Sigh… It became my house deposit.
    It was ace though. Had a 6.2Litre V8 and room for eight people (plus a couple of bodies in the boot)

twohats
    Free Member

My old X Trail, sadly missed…

29erKeith
    Free Member

My Mini Turbo 🙁

Del

as it goes you could actually get a bike in the boot of the chimaera, just 🙂

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Miss my old scoob for the handling

but you can’t beat the ballistic power of the present MM Express

MM

bigyinn
    Free Member

Too much willy waving on this thread, some nice cars tho.
    haven’t got any pics, but i miss my Galant V6 Sport Estate 2.5 V6
    Lovely looker and sweet as a nut, shifts too! SORN at my mums until i get my finger out and sell it!
    STILL FOR SALE!!! £2200 ONO

johni
    Free Member

I had a Honda S2000 which was a great summer car. The 52 plate Civic Type R that followed it was better in the wet and for carrying bikes.

Of my “sensible family cars”, my A3 Sportback 2.0t Quattro S-Line was my favourite.

mt
    Free Member

Citroen Dyane, great car, tragic car, give you problems car, get you there car, make you smile car. Wet days could be a nightmare unless you had a hill. The road trips were real adventures. It was what I could afford and it was a brilliant climbing and camping base all over the Lakes, Wakes and Scotland. Double declutching was interesting at first until me Grandad gave me a few tips. I have nothing but happy memories of that car, could of been time of life thing as well.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

I’ve got 3 that I miss..

1993 Mazda 323 1.8t GTX 4wd, 210 bhp superb car, real wolf in sheeps clothing.

1974 Morris Mini 1340 with 13×6 Compomotives and group 5 arches.

1300 Group A Nova Rally car.

Unfortunately, no photos as they were on a trashed hard disk 🙁

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

I’ve got 3 that I miss..

1993 Mazda 323 1.8t GTX 4wd, 210 bhp superb car, real wolf in sheeps clothing.

1974 Morris Mini 1340 with 13×6 Compomotives and group 5 arches.

1300 Group A Nova Rally car.

Unfortunately, no photos as they were on a trashed hard disk 🙁

BadlyWiredDog

My Mk2 Golf GTi with TSR engine, manifold, chip, Jetex pipe and upgraded suspension, bushes etc. Fast as **** and really good fun. Chassis died a few months back from floorpan corrosion, engine and bits are out and waiting for a suitable organ donor recipient – gonna take the rear seats out and treadplate the back to give a sort of GiTvan. Also have a Corrado VR6 Storm for best, which is ace, but somehow the Golf was more immediate and primitive… I’m not sure it was the ‘nicest’, the Corrado’s probably that, more like the nastiest 🙂

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I currently have this (and it is the best i have owned):

but i really miss my Mini Cooper, 1293 Stage 3, wider stance, walnut and half leather… must find a photo.
    The mini was more fun, i could find the limit of the car and play, whereas the lancia just finds the limit of the driver!

foxylaydee
    Free Member

This one , killed me to sell it after break up with my ex :

foxylaydee
    Free Member

albeit mine was black 🙁

RichieBoy
    Free Member

29erKeith.. Nice car!
    I regret selling my Honda CIvic aerodeck.. bt it was dying fast!
    This is my current 1 (plus a battered clio for bike duties!)

Photobucket" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

sharki
    Free Member

There hasn’t been one.

VanHalen

1969 vw bay window camper.

not strictly a car but it pisses over all the other vehicles i drove for grin factor. apart from a caterham 7.

caledonia
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog – you’ve got my midlife crisis car. Corrado Storm.
    I’ve warned my wife already.

When we get the cash back for 2 cars my runabout/bike car will be another MKII Golf. I miss it so much.

No computers, no ABS, no traction control, no power steering.
    Which means – you can actually drive it properly, and your in charge, not a chuffin computer.

Travis

I miss my 1275GT (Mini)…. sniff sniff

ianpinder
    Free Member

Mine is my bog standard diesel focus estate, I sold it last october to a guy who had it reposed. A garage bought it at auction had rang me to ask if i had any previous paper work, then i bought it back of him for 1/2 the amount I recieved from the sale with only another 3k on the clock. Love it to bits had it 6 years apart from a month seperation, covered 80k in it not had a problem with it and had some good times. This summer wew are off to the alps and a roadtrip round scotland in it.

lunge

I will (quite rightly) get flamed for this, but I miss my bog standard Ford KA. There is nothing like it in the snow and ice as you can throw it around and slide corners, awesome.

It was the first car I owned and it got absolutely hammered then sold with 100k on the clock. Good times.

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

Waits for flaming

My first car (not this one, but one like it…….1700cc rear wheel drive, fully loaded with toys (at the time) got 4 bikes on it (2 on the roof, 2 on the boot) I loved that car

radler
    Free Member

Seat Ibiza 1.9D SE

blue. drivers lock defekt. door panel held in place with gaffa tape. roof lining held up with blu-tack.

ran it on old veggie oil/diesel mix. 55+ mpg, 60+ mpg on long slogs sitting at 65mph.

cheap to insure. never had a prob in four years apart from the time i filled it with petrol.

two bikes easily in the back as well as comfy camping gear (chairs, table gas bottle), kiting boards and equipment and other assorted stuff.

went round scotland, europe and various other uk road trips.

i find cars overrated. you are only going to go as fast as the car infront (generally). if you sit there with your windows down, music blaring trying to get peoples attention you look like a prat.

yeah, there are nice cars around but really they are just another throw-away piece of our existence.

i’d rather have nice toilet paper than a ‘nice’ car.

still want a westie or caterham…. for weekends, like.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Another MkII Golf GTi here (big bumper, and in the more-fun-to-drive 8-valve variant).

Also two Citroen 2CVs: both excellent.

Best probably a Porsche 944 S2, only sold it because it’s glass to cabin volume ratio was far too high, and I would bake in it if the sun even thought about coming out.

On the other hand, maybe the best was the car I still have, my trusty old Audi 90 quattro 20V.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

… I really like that 993 up there ^^^ … curse this blasted recession 🙁

Zedsdead
    Free Member

*sigh!*

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

In order of the cars posted so far I would have the
    M3 (original LHD only)
    Mk11 golf (Ive owned 7) in 16V with no PAS please.
    Intergrally

I have owned several expensive cars, some just don’t work really, but if some fecker comes out and says they have owned one of these

Then I will get really quite cross 😉

RustySpanner

One of these, just after I passed my test at 17.
    Mine had mismatched red and blue bodywork and a ‘Keep Gotham Safe’ bumper sticker.
    Narrow tyres meant you could drift it down steep downhill corners. especially if one of your friends stood up in the passenger seat, with the roof down, and gripped each of the windscreen pillars, thus exaggerating the angle of dangle and raising the COG 😀

Got rid a couple of years later as the drivers seat fell through the floor whilst driving down Deansgate 😥

Would love another, but have you seen how much the restored ones cost?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Whats the nicest car youv’e ever owned and do you regret selling it?’ is closed to new replies.