Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 146 total)
  • Whats the most vile 'foodstuff' known to man?
  • Creg

parmo's

chicken stuffed with cheese, drowned in cheese an garlic….with extra cheese on the side and a double portion of cheese.

no wonder theres so many salad dodgers in middlesbrough, home of the parmo

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

ooh, tough call.. chinese deserts are awful – especially the one of jelly with bits of sweetcorn. Was also once presented with a bowl of noodles that looked, smelled and tasted almost exactly like rubber bands. Couldn't physically eat them, needless to say..

But the most foul tasting food has to be DURIAN. It tastes like a combination of custard, onion and plastic bags.

Diane
    Free Member

Chitterlings (Think that's how you spell it)

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

I'll eat most stuff, but have bad memories of retching uncontrollably at primary school when being pressured to eat stewed prunes….

jonahtonto
    Free Member

macdonalds – more like cheep drugs then food
    there is not a single thing mentioned above that i do not like. i believe you all to be uncultured heathens. i mean come on! Durian is the greatest tasting fruit in the world . . . it just happens to be the smelliest as well

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You like jellied eels?
    I'm amazed.

nickc

Caviar. I mean, fish eggs…Really, people pay good money for this shit? Vile.

luked2
    Free Member

Liver.

Need to make sure it's still pink. Then it's delicious. Overcooked it quickly turns to leather.

Oysters

Raw. A squirt of lemon juice and fresh black pepper. Instant taste trip to the seaside. Fantastic.

stewed prunes

Had some once, high up in the Pyrenees. The only food my friend and I had was prunes, Emmental cheese (which had been sweating all day under a hot Spanish sun), bourbon biscuits, and fly-filled macaroni.

The prunes were easily the best part of that meal.

binners

I'd rather eat my own internal organs than eat an oyster

taramasalata

or devil jizz

Mr_C
    Free Member

Feta cheese.

It has the taste and consistency of plasticine which has spent ten years at the back of a radiator.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I hate hate hate marzipan

I love curry and indian/ asian food in general

but I can't bare to evan try an indian sweet. we have lots of indian contractors at work and they bring them in sometimes. Without trying them i know they will be unbearably sweet and "wrong" somehow.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Feta Cheese – yeah but that's not "vile" it's just "tasteless"

ratherbeintobago

Radicchio.

Mind-bendingly bitter raw (and you'd better wash your hands after handling it because the bitterness stays on your fingers) & (despite assurances from the cookbooks) not much better when cooked.

Andy

sweepy
    Free Member

Its broccolli, just broccolli

john_drummer
    Free Member

I've never tried Indian sweets, despite living in Bradford district for nearly 30 years.

one day, maybe. But by the time I've had the samosas & pakoras, and the main course with naan, rice and/or chapattis, I'm too full for stupidly sugary things

bommer
    Free Member

swede. What's it for exactly?

ex-pat
    Free Member

I think you'll find this site has some of the best:
    http://www.thesneeze.com/steve-dont-eat-it/

colnagokid

celery innit 😥

samuri
    Free Member

Marmite. It's engine oil that's been refined and had sugar added.

Oh, and Caviar. Biggest joke ever.

iDave
    Free Member

it has to be said i've tasted better stuff than fermented mares milk, the alcohol content didn't adequately enhance the experience

convert

My mum must have done something right as there is very little on that list that I wouldn't eat or haven't eaten in the past (veggie these days). Not sure about the goat brains or tripe but that's probably just being squeamish. Durian was lovely once you got past the smell! My most unusual meal was in Singapore, being looked after by some locals we did not want to offend – a cook your own affair the highlights of which were char grilled frogs legs; a strange mollusc you boiled, chopped the tipped of the long shell off, sucked the "foot" out of the hole to create a vacuum, then sucked it back through from the other end; and some weird giant egg cured in horse's urine. Save the egg, it was all quite nice!

I've also caught and eaten squirrel on a survival course – went down like hot snot!

Were some of you one of those fussy kids that were a nightmare to feed at a friend's house?

juiced
    Free Member

mushrooms

matthewjb
    Free Member

Tripe. Own up. It's carpet underlay really isn't it?

benjag
    Free Member

2 pages and no-ones mentioned sprouts….****' nasty!

RepacK
    Free Member

Sprouts – the devils own bollox..taste like the are pickled in p1ss..**** vile!!!

ben thats for you 😉

Kevevs
    Free Member

I put a packet of that microwaveable popcorn in the micro the other day. I got the setting rong and burnt the hell out of it. It kinda melded into a black plasticy lump. I can't get the smell of burnt popcorn out of my kitchen, doesn't matter ho much de-odouriser I use. It's bad stuff.

khegs
    Free Member

one from left field here, Spuds, in any variety or flavour, they make me hurl every time. Marmite is pretty vile too

jammiedodger
    Free Member

Celery, and there I was thinking it was just me!

snowslave

Snails or any mollusc type thing. And fish lips. Like spaghetti hoops for the seriously deranged

Philby

Taramasalata
    Corned Beef

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I'd rather eat my own internal organs than eat an oyster

Snap.

Yeuuuuch!!

can-uk
    Free Member

I'll happily eat anything suggested on this thread up until now.. the one thing i will never, ever eat again is sea urchin. Nasty, spongey goo that tastes like licking the seabed.. the buying recommendation for them isn't any better. "A fresh sea urchin has firm spines and a tightly closed 'orifice'."… so wrong and in so many ways.. ick.

Also, i've never had it.. but have been told by a couple friends that 'sazae' is shockingly vile.
    clicky for description of sazae

bullheart
    Free Member

Okra. Cooked badly it looks and tastes like Satan's snot.

has firm spines and a tightly closed 'orifice

I used to date a girl who must have been related…

Klunk
    Free Member
    dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Beef dripping of if you prefer, Mucky fat. Anything with "mucky" and "fat" in the name has to be wrong.

JAM29er
    Free Member

tiggs121
    Free Member

milk

can-uk
    Free Member

klunk's link to Surstromming led on to this:
    Lutefisk

I've had it once in Canada.. i didn't think it was too bad..

but here's a quote:

Interview with Jeffrey Steingarten, author of The Man Who Ate Everything (translated quote from a 1999 article in Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet):

Lutefisk is not food, it is a weapon of mass destruction. It is currently the only exception for the man who ate everything. Otherwise, I am fairly liberal, I gladly eat worms and insects, but I draw the line on lutefisk.

What is special with lutefisk?

Lutefisk is the Norwegians' attempt at conquering the world. When they discovered that Viking raids didn't give world supremacy, they invented a meal so terrifying, so cruel, that they could scare people to become one's subordinates. And if I'm not terribly wrong, you will be able to do it as well.

But some people say that they like lutefisk. Do you think they tell the truth?
    I do not know. Of all food, lutefisk is the only one that I don't take any stand on. I simply cannot decide whether it is nice or disgusting, if the taste is interesting or commonplace. The only thing I know, is that I like bacon, mustard and lefse. Lutefisk is an example of food that almost doesn't taste anything, but is so full of emotions that the taste buds get knocked out.

flip
    Free Member

Lemon grass, tastes like bleach 😥

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘Whats the most vile 'foodstuff' known to man?’ is closed to new replies.