• This topic has 90 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by kerv.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • What's the most boring sport?
  • rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Basketball

Golf is fantastic to play, a lovely walk in the countryside with your mates on a brisk morning away from the hassles of home and work, with some semi serious sport invloved. Whats not to like? And you get to wear snazzy jumpers and shoes. And have a drink and some grub afterwards. Frustrating as hell though.

spikerman_1
    Free Member

dressage? boring but have you seen the ladies who do that? Elegance all the way

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Dressage, is boring, horses are unprdictable like the women that ride them…I'll get my coat!

scu98rkr
    Free Member

But it does nt make any sense.

Its like your picking out football for some reason.

I mean you could say you find playing all ball games in general boring.
    ie football, rugby, aussie rules, gaelic, basket ball, netball, hurling, la crosse.

I mean the basic concepts are all the same move the ball away from your net and put in the oppositions net you will try to stop you.

Hence if one is boring all the others boring. Which basically rules out probably the most played class of sporting game in the world.

(I know some smart ass is going to come on say cricket/baseball/rounders are similar sport and probably due to the size of india are the most played sporting game in the world and I said cricket is dull Im a hyprocrite. Well thats probably right but my reasoning is that often your not playing them your standing watching some one else play which is boring. When I'm actually batting/bowling I enjoy cricket but its such a small percentage of the time.)

AndyP
    Free Member

Hence if one is boring all the others boring.
    indeed. But one is the most boring.

DezB
    Free Member

Dylan08 – Member
    Slating football causes such a stir with "footy-lovers"

Not "stirred" at all. Just think it's silly to say its boring to play. To watch yes, I can't stand it.

My football doesn't last 90 mins – 5-a-side.

AndyP
    Free Member

5 minutes?

scu98rkr
    Free Member

indeed. But one is the most boring.

american football ?

AndyP
    Free Member

american football ?
    football.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Most boring? The ones you aren't interested on…

uplink
    Free Member

DrJ

Golf – boring game, boring people.
    Formula 1 – zzzzzzzzzzzzzz………….

flippinheckler
    Free Member

is 5 aside football as boring as ordinary football, Volley ball is boring until you watch beach volley ball. 😆

david_r
    Free Member

dressage? boring but have you seen the ladies who do that? Elegance all the way

My sister in law does it. Can't stand her!! The fact she's associated with the sport is enough for me to classify it as [stamp] DULL.

alex222
    Free Member

course and sport fishing are boring to watch and take part in. Deep sea and fly fishing are very good to take part in not so good to watch. Crown green bowls, flat green bowls, curling, clay pigeon shooting are all boring.

AndyP
    Free Member

a football match, yesterday

This man would rather smell his own shirt than kick the ball some more

'ere, mate. I'm bored. Shall we play monsters?

bored with sniffing shirt. Time for some auto-fellatio.

sor
    Free Member

Some old, dead bloke is quoted as saying "There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering. All the rest are merely games."

Televised mountaineering? I don't think.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I think we need some maths something like

Interest Rating = Total Time of Event *
    (/Total Time of Event/Time spent actually playing)
    / Average Percentage of Participants involved at a single moment

with lower numbers being more interesting

So Cricket Test Match
    = 120 hours * ( 120/50 hours) / 2plyer/22players %
    = 120 * 2.4 / 0.909 = 316.831

100m Sprint

=0.0025 hours * ( 0.0025/0.0025 hours) / 100%
    =0.0025 hours * 1 / 1 = 0.0025

With all sports falling somewhere between these ranges. Possibly with gold topping cricket.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

"golf – boring game, boring people"

I play golf with some of the same people i ride with, how does that work then?

If we're talking boring people, then mountain biking is right up there. Some very interesting people and some as dull as dishwater. Most of the folk i've met off here are in the former and virtually all are of the very friendly and easy to get on with variety. 🙂

DrJ

"golf – boring game, boring people"

I play golf with some of the same people i ride with, how does that work then?

If we're talking boring people, then mountain biking is right up there. Some very interesting people and some as dull as dishwater.

You said it.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I think with some Red Bull style intervention/backing, DH Mountain Biking could be one of the more exciting sports to watch. Perhaps if the Atherons find form next year perhaps Redbull might step up their involvement…

I mean jesus, they made a sort of success of the Airrace!

beej

Many sports are boring to watch if you don't understand what's going on. I find golf tops my personal tedium mountain, but I have friends who will spend hours watching. They can appreciate the skill (as they play it), to me it's people in bad clothing walking slowly.

Road cycling – a couple of years ago I would have agreed it is boring, but now I know a lot more about what is going on it can be fascinating/exciting/gripping depending on the circumstances. Can be boring too on occasion.

steve-g
    Free Member

cheese rolling

grumm
    Free Member

Road cycling – a couple of years ago I would have agreed it is boring, but now I know a lot more about what is going on it can be fascinating/exciting/gripping depending on the circumstances. Can be boring too on occasion.

I've tried watching it a few times but I can't really work out the tactics etc and what's going on at all.

coffeeking
    Free Member

All sports are boring to watch, though some of them make me want to do them when I watch them, actually watching them is dull.

Most sports are boring to do because they don't entertain me. I hate team sports.

TheMooMonkey
    Free Member

Hate normal Rugby. Hate the northern version as well.

djglover
    Free Member

domino rally

epicyclo

Anything with round balls or played originally by gentlemen.

Rugby League as played in Oz is great to watch. Don't how those blokes don't disintegrate.

Wiksey
    Free Member

Any "sport" that was only invented as a means to pass the time is going to be extremely dull to watch – cricket, golf, bowls, fishing.

All these could be made a lot mor interesting if snipers were introduced 🙂

SaxonRider

Basketball is worst bl**dy sport ever devised by human beings.

Basically 10 extremely tall people sinking baskets at each end of a court, running up scores like 2000 to 1998, until the last whistle is blown, at which point, whoever sunk the last basket wins.

Yay.

wl
    Free Member

At the risk of enraging half the forum, all those ones where humans turn themselves into robots, training for hours to perfect a dull technique or just get pointlessly fit. Basically swimming, athletics and biking that isn't off-road.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

SO WHAT IS THE MOST BORING SPORT?

joolsburger
    Free Member

They all have their place, I don't know about the worst but can I vote for ladies hot oil wrestling or foxy boxing as the best?

crikey
    Free Member

Track cycling
    Just bloody dull, and that includes the Olympics. I've even been watching 6 day stuff in Belgium and Holland and however much I try, its just boring. It's even boring to actually do.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Underwater polo isn't really one for the spectators.
    Is Orienteering a sport. That's a combination of running, Yawn, and map readinzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

crazy-legs

I've tried watching it a few times but I can't really work out the tactics etc and what's going on at all.

That's probably more down to the commentary than the actual sport. To be fair some road races (like the flatter 'linking' stages in the Tour de France) can be unbelievably dull – 6hr of watching a bunch of blokes ride bikes with 5 minutes of madcap action at the end. But throw in a few mountains, some team tactics and a well-known home rider like Bradley Wiggins doing really well and it can be gripping!

My personal vote would go to golf, bowls or cricket as the dullest with football as probably the worst sport (not dullest, just worst in terms of the vast amounts of money involved and the fact that the majority of players seem to be complete tossers).

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

WWF – does it ever start..

Peregrine
    Free Member

Football
    Cricket
    Bowling

In that order.

andytherocketeer

Watch – Football
    Play – Football

pleasantly surprised by the number of people that stated those 🙂

Caher

Golf and have tried to play it but got bored. All US sports.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘What's the most boring sport?’ is closed to new replies.