Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What's the minimum depth for an underground water pipe ?
  • I believe it’s 2’6″ by law.
    Realistically, in low land Worcestershire, what’s the minimum depth to avoid freezing ?
    What if the pipe is lagged, either with proper pipe lagging, or boxed in with Kingspan ?

Stoner
    Free Member

750mm down to 1350mm

if you want to break ground outside of a dwelling you can use something called an Insuduct. I have a couple

INSUduct

They also do an insulation product that would get pas water regs.

SHalloduct

Thanks Stoner.
    It’s for Mrs MTG’s place.
    She lives in a wooden bungalow similar to mine.
    There’s two water supplies, one well buried, but very low, or sometimes even no, pressure, and one high pressure, but poorly buried.
    I’m just looking at alternatives to hiring a mini digger and burying it properly.
    Looks like it’s about £5 per metre.

Stoner
    Free Member

Dont forget that’s just the insulation for £5, you need to buy the twin wall duct as well.

If the run is simple enough (i.e. not too much tarmac or concrete) digging a trench, blinding it, and laying the MDPE is pretty straight forward.

PS useful info here http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/_assets/media/Guidance_for_the_laying_of_water_supply_pipes.pdf

crikey
    Free Member

Just move in together, stop pretending.

Stoner
    Free Member

Just move in together, stop pretending.

Must be joking. All that rat poison lying around? Her place sounds like a death trap! 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

As stoner said. 750mm
    Severn Trent require ducting to be insulated as it comes to ground.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Leave a tap running ever so slightly or the lavs on in the gents urinals. Never had a single burst this year on site even with uninsulated mdpe running under and around the cabins at some properly cold temps. However the car park was like a bastard ice rink some mornings 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What's the minimum depth for an underground water pipe ?’ is closed to new replies.