Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What’s the ‘go to’ Chinese carbon frame?
  • flange
    Free Member

How do

i want to start Xc racing again as I’m sick of crashing in road races. I’ve got one of the new chameleons that I can race on for the time being but I want to build up something specifically for the purpose.

I’d love another spearfish but they’re either mental money, battered or cracked so I’m considering buying something from China.

Happy to consider fs or hardtail – I’ve got some decent boost forks so I’d rather build my own up than buy a complete.

So – any recommendations? Or should I nut up and buy a scalpel?

rickmeister

Everything I have had from ICAN has been great.

good comms, well packed and delivered on time. Both wheels and frames have stood up well. No problem recommending them.

flange
    Free Member

Cool, I’ve not considered them so will have a look.

how do you find the frame stiffness? The one thing that bothers me (having had a Planet X) is flex – are they ok?

monkeyboyjc

ICAN seem to be about the go to Chinese carbon frame at the mo, mainly due to ease of sales through eBay. Just be very sure you check geometry of what model your buying first. Many of there frames are a little ‘old school’ in terms of reach and angles (even for xc).

njee20
    Free Member

Deng Fu for my money – buy through AliExpress, combine with TopCashback etc. I’ve got 2 (both road frames) and they’ve been faultless.

icyseanfitz
    Free Member

worth looking at bike-discount.de as well, they sell cube frames for cheap. bought a 140mm carbon frame for 500euro

nathb
    Free Member

Workswell

flyxii

hongfu

dengfu

ican

imust

velobuild

just off the top of my head 🙂

flange
    Free Member

Thanks folks, appreciated – lots of reading to be done.

Njee – I do like your disc roadie, pretty much what I’m after to replace the Open. You don’t have any issues with disc rub due to flex?

welshfarmer

I have disk rub on my Carbon Raleigh Roker when ever I stand in the pedals and give it beans. I guessed it must be due to flex in the frame. Also guess that the frame is Far East manufactured! So this is not reserved to no-name brands

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What’s the ‘go to’ Chinese carbon frame?’ is closed to new replies.