What's the furthest you've coasted in your car?

Home Forum Chat Forum What's the furthest you've coasted in your car?

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • What's the furthest you've coasted in your car?
  • Premier Icon sturmey
    Subscriber

ahh whispering sixth as it used to be known, maybe should be seventh now. Do it as much as possible to eeek out the diesel.

Premier Icon dazh
    Subscriber

I sit in the slow lane on the motorway till a coach overtakes and get a ‘tow’ until either he or I turn off (they do 70mph unlike lorries )

Yeah coaches are better, but you have to drive closer to compensate for the higher speed. This also has an added dimension as usually there are other drivers doing the same, and you end up competing with them for the spot behind the coach. My tactic in this scenario is to try to anticipate when the coach will need to change lanes, then draw alongside the car behind and let the coach in with a flash of the lights. 🙂

Drafting is a great fuel saver but conflicts somewhat with the “Only a fool ignores the two second rule” idea.

tiggs121

How far from Glenshee Ski Centre to Braemar? Must be around 5-6 miles?

thesurfbus

I don’t think you can coast from Glenshee to Braemar, as there is an uphill section about 1-2 miles from Braemar.

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘What's the furthest you've coasted in your car?’ is closed to new replies.