What's the current long travel hardtail frame of choice 27.5 or 26?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What's the current long travel hardtail frame of choice 27.5 or 26?
  • mildred

Toying with buying a long travel hardtail – what’s the current frame of choice?

I can fit either 27.5 or 26″ wheels but must be able to accommodate 150-160 travel forks (cos that what I’ve got).

I’ve had the following in 26″ flavours – Soul, Bfe, inbred, crush, PA, Alpine. Not really wanting to revisit these unless the latest incarnation is, well different.

I like low bottom brackets and a roomy reach.

wl

New Crush, without a doubt. Loving my long, slack and low 2016 P7, but it’s 140mm not 150mm.

RaveyDavey

Love my new Crush but only got an old 456 to compare it against.

mildred

To be fair, I really liked my old crush… Any deals out there that anyone knows of?

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Don’t think it’s really a tyre size thing tbh, but lower/longer/reachier/slackier works as well for lt hardtails as for full suss so that just naturally means newer bikes are getting better, which in turn means 650b and 29.

Still, a Ragley or Stanton 26er still kicks arse.

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

Production Privee Shan or Oka ticks all boxes and can run either sized wheels.
    Recommend what you have innit.

robz400

Only 130mm travel but I’ve just received a Stif Morf and am blown away by it.

Long, slack, low and rides better than my full sus

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What's the current long travel hardtail frame of choice 27.5 or 26?’ is closed to new replies.