Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • what’s the current GoPro alternative de rigueur?
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

i had a gitup git2 that got nicked last year and never bothered replacing it, but have a hankering for a new one now. don’t really want to spend gopro money on one, so what’s decent vfm now? doesn’t need to be 4k/wifi/gps enabled etc etc, just something that’ll do say 60fps at 1080p, image stabilisation, preferably with LCD screen. should i just get another git2?

moose
    Free Member

I swear by my GoPro Session. Simple, but bloody effective. None of that voice activated rubbish, just press and go.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Sj4000 is the standard answer to this question . I’ve got one and it does the job for me although I just bought a genuine go pro chesty chest harness as the one that you get with the camera is pretty wobbly . Recently took some footage going down a rough track and it looked like it had been shot during an earthquake , the go pro harness is way better .

andyrm
    Free Member

I’ve got the Campark one (can be bought under multiple brands though), 4k, remote, accessory bundle including 2 batteries all for £40. Seems good so far, regardless how competitive the price is: Campark 4k action cam

stuc
    Free Member

Do you get any editing software with any of these alternatives. If not what software could you use – sorry, complete technophobe here, but looking for a camera for an upcoming trip.

stumpy01

Blimey, that Campark camera looks good value!

stuc – Windows has a video editing package built in called Movie Maker, I think.

andyrm
    Free Member

I use GoPro Quik on both my phone and computer! Free, east to use and lots of tips videos online 👍👍👍👍👍

otsdr
    Free Member

Blender ( https://www.blender.org ) has a basic video editor; the interface is a bit intimidating, but there are tutorials on youtube.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘what’s the current GoPro alternative de rigueur?’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.