Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What's the collective noun for……
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Bicycle Paramedics?

25th July 2013 by -Cheesyfeet-, on Flickr

This lot were congregated in Leciester Square at lunchtime. The one in the foreground fully loaded with GoPros as well. Guess they were doing some filming

brakes
    Free Member

liking the NHS headtube badge

nikk
    Free Member

Someone needs to tell them about framebags. And backpacks.

Also not sure why they need sus forks? or triples and mudguards?

Heavy and not sure how easy to cycle with all that guff on the back hitting rear of legs.

Nice idea, but they need to look at modern bikepacking, and go lighter.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

WTF you want the NHS to resuscitate people with Titanium defibrillators and carry all the medicines in zip-loc bags instead of little brown glass bottles?

Kevlar bandages….

Poor bastards need a set of hub gears. And Air forks. And Marathon Supremes – that’s a fast tyre.

imnotverygood

If they were homeopathic paramedics they’d hardly have to carry anything. Just sayin’

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Actually, to answer your original question I’d say a “Puffin’ of Paramedics”, given the loading there.

Northwind

nikk – Member

Also not sure why they need sus forks? or triples and mudguards?

Mudguards- I don’t think you get to be a fair weather paramedic. Triple probably makes most sense, pretty heavy kit plus go-anywhere remit- up steep hills/paths, but also on road.

(Sus forks, maybe not so clearcut)

nikk
    Free Member

WTF you want the NHS to resuscitate people with Titanium defibrillators and carry all the medicines in zip-loc bags instead of little brown glass bottles?

Kevlar bandages….

Better that than being dead because the paramedic is panting his way up a slight incline in 22/34 with his fork bouncing up and down and 30 kilos of ‘vital’ equipment dragging them down.

Poor bastards need a set of hub gears. And Air forks. And Marathon Supremes – that’s a fast tyre.

Hub gears sound a possible good idea. Tyres are fine. They don’t need suspension.

Mudguards- I don’t think you get to be a fair weather paramedic.

I don’t think it matters. If it is raining, they will get wet anyway. The rear mudguard is certainly unnecessary with all that pannier stuff.

nikk
    Free Member

Also they need a trailer stretcher unit, with Hoy peddling. That would be awesome.

nikk
    Free Member

26ers and kickstands as well… 🙄
    It isn’t 1996 anymore 😆

jamj1974

Would a purpose built bike-based electric scooter not make more sense…?

Northwind

nikk – Member

I don’t think it matters. If it is raining, they will get wet anyway.

Not trying to be funny but have you never ridden a bike on the road in the wet? Full mudguards make a massive difference, it’d be absolutely ridiculous not to have them. The panniers will be no substitute (and guards will help protect them to boot)

maccruiskeen

Also they need a trailer stretcher unit, with Hoy peddling. That would be awesome.

Infact, instead of faddish frame bags I’d stick all of that kit on a trailer. Much quicker and more manoeuvrable than carrying the load on the bike.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Infact, instead of faddish frame bags I’d stick all of that kit on a trailer. Much quicker and more manoeuvrable than carrying the load on the bike.

In central London? No way – a trailer would seriously slow you down.

Bouncy forks also make sense as well. Some of the streets in London are in s shocking state and they’d help a lot bumping up & down kerbs

wwaswas

proper ambulance bike;

bigblackshed

Long tail cargo bike?????

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What's the collective noun for……’ is closed to new replies.