Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • whats the biggest size tyre to be fitted on a mavic 717?
  • snowpaul
    Free Member

Managed to squeeze on some kenda 2.35s for a snowdon trip – stayed on ok… am I likely to die long term ? Guess I am pushing it twith these tyres… did work superbly though !

any opinions welcome
    cheers

paul

jota180
    Free Member

I used to run 2.35 High Rollers without problem, tubeless too down to around 25psi

sambob
    Free Member

I’ve used 2.25 Advantage without a problem, and they’re a huge tyre.

jambon
    Free Member

2.4″ Advantage was too far (they’re whoppers though)

Northwind

The Mavic website says 2.1, but the sticker on teh side of mine said 2.3- bit odd.

Then o’course there’s tyre size randomness. 2.35 Kenda is usually pretty close to 2.35. 2.35 Highrollers, closer to 2.1 than 2.35. I ran 2.35 Bluegrooves and Nevegals on mine and never had any problems.

As for Advantages being huge- 2.4 Advantage is slightly under the claimed size. Though they’re fairly tall. They only look big because we’re used to being fibbed to.

snowpaul
    Free Member

Thanks guys – Northwind – thats the same combo I use – come back to a blue groove / nev combi after a few years and I actually like them a lot….

cheers

paul

juan
    Free Member

2.4 fat albert no problesm so far

jambon
    Free Member

Yeah I reckon the 2.1 Kendas are about right – they’re big for they’re stated size.

The Blue Groove / Nevegal was my first working combo.

treefeller
    Free Member

Seen 2.5 dual ply minions on them for a week in the alps.

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

2.3(?) Swampthing here, no problems.

badbob
    Free Member

HR 2.35 and Rubber queen 2.2, fine! ( 30 odd psi)

kimbers

2.5 minions are good

Taff
    Free Member

I’ve run 2.3 on them before but the tyres roll when cornering hard. Generally stuck to a 2.1

cynic-al
    Free Member

depends on pressure really.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘whats the biggest size tyre to be fitted on a mavic 717?’ is closed to new replies.