Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • What's the biggest cycling injury you've recovered from?
  • pstevensnz
    Free Member

First ‘propper’ ride back today after breaking my collar bone and 5 ribs in a motorbike crash in Croatia about two months ago. Ended up in a Croatian hospital for almost 2 weeks following some ‘complications’ – horrible experience…

Ribs feel fine now, collar bone isn’t 100% but ok for riding, slows me down tho as I’m paranoid about crashing on it and breaking it again!

Hope you’re back on your bike soon!

thegman67

Snapped my Achilles Tendon last May at Forest Ae then re-ruptured it last October. Surgery in December taking my tendon from my big toe and grafting it to my Achilles long recovery but doing Pedal For Scotland on Sunday (47 mile) and had 4 days in Wales so getting their.

WillC9999
    Free Member

Slid on ice and put right foot down. Right foot stuck, rest of body and bike didn’t. Completely torn MCL, badly torn PCL, badly bruised femur, quads all torn, and some mention of a small fracture. Walking in 2 months, cycling in 3, sort of OK again in 9. Still not as good as the other knee but I’m not complaining – I can make pedals go round fine. Brilliant physio (private).

WillC9999
    Free Member

Oh, and broke left arm failing to jump a pathetic stream. Got a bit mullered on the pain and decided nurse was gorgeous. Saw her leaving hospital later on when in less pain and crucially she without uniform and she was, sadly, quite grotesque. Anyway, a couple of months did it. The arm that is.

WillC9999
    Free Member

And zipped my foreskin into my school trousers at the swimming pool once.

hopster
    Free Member

Broken hip a couple of years ago. Only recovered from it in the past couple of months and riding properly again.

SaxonRider

I know it’s not nearly as bad as what some people on here have suffered, but I have taken few-to-no risks since. The number of weeks it took to heal, between being examined, waiting for the surgery (which left me with a plate and 6 screws), and the physio afterward, was too much to go through again.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

snapped off end of tibia 2009.

snapped off end of elbow (elecronon) and with it a tricep tendon 2011.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

[/url]
    wrist by bmclynskey1, on Flickr[/img]

Dislocated and smashed wrist. End snapped of ulner, shattered radius, bone graft from hip, 9 months off work, change of career needed (trowel is now rusty!). Broke other elbow at same time just for good measure.
    It’s numb most mornings and doesn’t rotate much, but i can ride with it ok 😕

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘What's the biggest cycling injury you've recovered from?’ is closed to new replies.