Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What's the best weather widget/app for Android?
  • breadcrumb

Preferably a free one? Currently use AccuWeather, any decent alternatives?

Edit: wrong forum, could a mod move it please? Thanks.

darrenspink
    Free Member

I use Raintoday while I’m out. Gives alerts on when rains going to start and had a good radar feature. General forecast stuff, I just look on bbc weather 🙂

Cowman

I use mwuk, its expensive but very good. For a quick forecast yr.no

Both together give a great picture.

grizedaleforest

Another vote for yr.no for weather forecasts. I use the yahoo weather app which is free and comes with a neat widget that can be set to show weather for a fixed location or for wherever you are currently.

duntstick
    Free Member

yr.no

breadcrumb

I’ll have a look at those, cheers fellas- I knew I could count on STW for some guidance.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

I’ve always liked the met office. Both on Android and iOS. Gives wind data in the detail section.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I find BBC Watchet pretty accurate for the Quantocks.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

met office, backed up by yr.no, xc weather, MWIS, raintoday, weatherline, SAIS etc etc. depends where you live, where you are going and what you are doing.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

MeteoGroup’s Weather Pro.

hanchurch
    Free Member

Yr.no too

deadkenny
    Free Member

I find with any phone, none are the best. I use a selection to get a reasonable forecast. That said, UK based ones tend to be based on Met Office. Currently BBC is based on it but that’s due to change having scrapped their contract. US based apps are too generic on UK as a whole, and often don’t have a fine enough location. E.g, nearest to places in South East may just be London.

Best as in fluffy features and widgets, not interested myself. I just want a decent forecast. Don’t want anything that hammers the phone to show something fancy looking.

However aside from forecast, I recommend Rain Alarm. Not a forecast but shows you current reality as in where it actually is raining, and gives you alerts to nearby rain.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

I like AIX weather

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Fweather – neat little weather widget. Free as well.

nemesis
    Free Member

I really like the yr.no forecast meteogram but I’ve found it’s accuracy less good over the last few months. Hoping it can sort that out

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What's the best weather widget/app for Android?’ is closed to new replies.